South America Quiz Questions and Answers
87 Most Important South America Quiz Questions and Answers (Quiz 1- 20) Part 1
1) Which major city is the easternmost point of South America?
Answer: Recife (Pernambuco).
2) What is the main agricultural produce of Guyane?
3) Which country is South America’s biggest rubber producer?
4) Which country was once called New Granada?
5) Where does South America’s longest river have its source?
Answer: In the Andes.
6) Which is the only country in South America with an ‘Atlantic’ and a “Pacific” coast?
7) Which is the biggest city in South America?
Answer: São Paulo.
8) Which country is the biggest livestock-raiser in South America?
9) What is Brazil’s largest coastal city?
Answer: Rio de Janeiro.
10) Which share Tierra del Fuego?
Answer: Chile and Argentina.
11) Which is the largest lake in South America?
Answer: Lake Maracaibo.
12) Where is New Amsterdam?
13) What is the capital of Uruguay?
14) Which port does Bolivia use in Chile?
15) Which is the only Portuguese – speaking country in South America?
16) What is the great river of Brazil called?
17) Which is Venezuela’s main river?
18) Which country has the greatest share of the mountains of the Guiana Highlands?
19) Apart from the Andes and ranges connected to it, what is the major mountain range in Argentina?
Answer: Cordoba Mountains.
20) Only two countries in South America do not enjoy a coastline. Which are they?
Answer: Paraguay and Bolivia.
South America Quiz Questions and Answers (Quiz 21- 40) Part 2
21) Which is the Southernmost provincial Capital in Chile?
Answer: Punta Arenas.
22) Which country is the biggest producer of oil in South America?
23) Which is the capital of Paraguay?
24) To which does Easter Island, in the Pacific, belong?
25) As part of a border settlement, from which country did Peru get its Tacna province?
26) Which river divides Paraguay into its two distinct halves?
27) On which river is George Town?
28) In which country is the llama reared for its wool?
29) To whom do the Juan Fernandez Islands belong?
30) Which Mountain range stretches from Venezuela to Southern Chile?
31) After which intrepid navigator is the largest Chilean Province named?
32) What is the chief mineral produce of Guyana?
33) Which river is shared by Argentina, Paraguay and Brazil?
34) Where is Porto President Stroessner a town named after the country’s President?
35) What major water bodies do the straits of Magellan link?
Answer: The Atlantic and the Pacific.
36) Which country in South America has the coldest average temperature?
37) What is the great plateau of Brazil called?
Answer: Mato Grosso.
38) Which two Caribbean territories lie off the coast of South America?
Answer: The Netherlands Antilles, Trinidad and Tobago.
39) Which is Ecuador’s chief port?
40) What is the southernmost physical feature of South America?
Answer: Cape Horn.
South America Quiz Questions and Answers (Quiz 41- 60) Part 3
41) In which country is the Westernmost part of South America?
42) On which river is Manaus?
43) What is Sucre’s importance?
Answer: It is the legal capital and seat of the Judiciary of Bolivia.
44) The night life of which Argentinian city is ‘ comparable to that of Paris?
Answer: Buenos Aires.
45) Which country is divided into just two provinces – Oriental and Occidental?
46) Of all the capitals of the South American countries on the Pacific rim, which is the one closest to sea level?
47) Which capital is near Mount Cotopaxi?
48) Why was Ecuador so named?
Answer: Because the Equator passes through it.
49) What does over a third of Uruguay’s exports comprise?
Answer: Meat, and other animal products.
50) In which country does the Amazon have its source?
51) Before Brasilia became the capital of Brazil in 1960, which was the country’s capital?
Answer: Sao Paulo.
52) In which country would you find the Madeira and the Negro?
53) Which island country is almost a part of the delta of a major South American river?
Answer: Trinidad and Tobago.
54) Where exactly is Devil’s Island?
Answer: Off the coast of French Guiana.
55) What is Argentina’s desert called?
56) Which South Atlantic island or islands were until 1985, dependencies of a British territory near Argentina?
Answer: South Georgia and South Sandwich.
57) Which is the most urbanised Latin American nation?
58) Which country was Spain’s principal vice royalty in South America?
59) What is the major mineral export of Chile?
60) Which is the largest island in the estuary of the Amazon?
Answer: Marajo island.
South America Quiz Questions and Answers (Quiz 61- 87) Part 4
61) Which is described as “the highest navigable lake in the world”?
Answer: Lake Titicaca.
62) Which is the capital of Chile?
63) Which are the two rivers that flow into the Rio de la Plata?
Answer: Parana and Uruguay.
64) With which country does Columbia share its shortest international border?
65) Which is the capital of French Guiana?
66) Which is Ecuador’s best known Volcano?
67) Which country in South America is famous for its emerald mines?
68) Which part of South America receives the highest annual rainfall?
Answer: The Brazilian coast around the mouth of the Amazon.
69) Which two South American countries have large East Indian population?
Answer: Guyana and Suriname.
70) Which is the highest mountain in South America?
71) Where is Mount Chimborazo?
72) Which South American country is a major producer of silver?
73) Much of which country comprises hundreds of islands?
74) Of which country is Paramaribo the capital?
75) Which port do the two landlocked countries of South America mainly use?
Answer: Santos, Brazil.
76) On which Peak in Peru are there the remains of a splendid Inca city?
Answer: Machu Picchu.
77) Which South American country is a major producer of tin?
78) Which countries share the waters of Lake Titicaca?
Answer: Peru and Bolivia.
79) Which is the Southernmost physical feature of South America?
Answer: Cape Horn.
80) Angel Falls is said to be the highest waterfall in the world. Where is it?
81) Which part of South America is called the driest place in the world?
Answer: The Atacama Desert, Chile.
82) Which South American country does the Tropic of Capricorn divide almost equally in two?
83) Which large island territory about 1000 km from its coast does Ecuador own?
Answer: Galápagos Islands.
84) In which State is the Federal District of Brasilia, the capital of Brazil?
85) Which is the Chief Port of Chile?
86) Which is the highest seat of Government in South America?
Answer: La Paz.
87) In which country in South America is Natal, a major city?
Read more > Quiz Questions and Answers