76 Simple General Knowledge Questions and Answers
- Simple GK Questions & Answers
- Learn Simple General Knowledge
1) What form of Buddhist mysticism and meditation is practiced in Japan?
2) What was the original name of Constantinople?
3) A written order by the seller of goods to the buyer to pay a certain sum of money to him or his order on a specified future date for value received:
Answer: Commercial bills of exchange.
4) What is the theme of a passion play?
Answer: Christ’s suffering and death.
5) What was the name, which Joseph Nicéphore Niépce called his technique?
6) Which blood group does one have to accept the blood of any of the four groups?
7) What made Japan and West Germany the important nations in the struggle for power?
Answer: The rapid industrialization.
8) Which structures have four basic designs – beam, cantilever, arch and suspension?
9) The best-furnished room in a palace was:
Answer: The studio.
10) Which Indian emperor was a patron and a player of polo?
11) When was the Rocky Mountains began to form?
Answer: About 100 million years ago.
12) What is the name for the mapped hexagonal geographic areas that make up the cellular phone grid?
13) When was the Cambrian period?
Answer: More than 500 million years ago.
14) When did the Indian Peace Keeping Force 9IPKF) the first land on Sri Lankan soil?
Answer: 30 July 1987.
15) From when and where a complete Australopithecus africanus skeleton was discovered?
Answer: 1998, Sterkfontein in South Africa.
16) In Hindu mythology, Saraswati’s mount, swan, was also used by another god. Who?
17)) A sample copy of a complete page is called:
18) What are the substances in the saliva of vampire bats, leeches and mosquitoes which stop blood from clotting?
19) What are the six elements of a drama?
Answer: Plot, character, thought, diction, music, and spectacle.
20) What happened to the last Mughal emperor of India, Bahadur Shah Zafar, after the Sepoy Mutiny?
Answer: He was exiled to Burma.
21) What is the name of the criminal act relating to computer?
22) The last letter of the Greek alphabet is:
23) When was the introduction of Roll films in photography?
24) Where was the 1989 Kumbh Mela held?
25) What is the name of a veil worn by Muslim women?
Simple General Knowledge Questions with Answers Part 2 (26 – 50)
26) After Paris, which is the world’s largest primarily French-speaking city?
27) Mozambique has organized a political party in the name of:
28) What was the name of the pope who introduced the reformed calendar used by the western world?
Answer: Pope Gregory (Gregory XIII).
29) One Decimeter is equal to how many Centimeters?
Answer: 10 Centimeters.
30) Apart from the top ten mountains in Asia, which is the next highest?
Answer: Ismoil Somoni Peak.
31) What is the Currency of Azerbaijan:
32) In which country was Saïd Taghmaoui born?
33) Which is attracted by the tourists in Botswana?
34) What is the French equivalent of the Stock Exchange?
Answer: The Bourse.
35) Which is the suitable shoe for the comfortableness of the foot?
Answer: It should not have much height, the heel should have a flat cushion.
36) How much urine accumulates in the bladder of a normal person per minute?
Answer: 1 ml or more.
37) Which is the plateau that covers about half of Tibet’s surface area?
Answer: Northern Plateau.
38) What is the popular name for members of the RCMP?
39) What is the name given to the folk dance which is taken by the Chilean sailors to Mexico?
40) Where do the Blue Nile and White Nile meet in great scenic splendor?
41) Gandhiji entered Alfred High School at Rajkot in:
42) What is the name for a computer pointing device?
Answer: A mouse.
43) Name the two products, provided from forests besides wood?
Answer: Latex and Turpentine.
44) Who started the Shuddhi Movement?
Answer: Swami Shraddhananda.
45) People used rivers for:
Answer: Transportation, trade, and irrigation.
46) In which country did gold originate?
47) Succulent plants are:
48) Which type of edible nut is produced by a variety of hickory tree?
49) Metaphysics is divided into how many areas?
50) What is the meaning of banal?
Easy General Knowledge Questions & Answers Part 3 (51-75)
51) If the injury is serious, what should we do?
Answer: If we press both edges of the injury, the bleeding will stop.
52) What is the largest joint in the human body?
53) By what name the Sumerian civilization was known after the conquest of the Akkadians?
Answer: Sumerian-Akkadian civilization.
54) In the honors list of explorers, who was the Italian usually given credit for discovering Newfoundland?
Answer: John Cabot.
55) What are Rhizoids of mosses?
Answer: Rhizoids of mosses are multicellular and non pigmented.
56) Which active volcano, the highest in Europe, lies on the island of Sicily?
57) What is the wavelength range of X-rays?
Answer: 0.1 – 100 Å.
58) What is the collective word for a group of companies that limits competition by price-fixing, market sharing and restricting output?
59) Who wrote the famous book “Principles of Management”?
Answer: Oliver Sheldon.
60) What is the meaning of quizzical?
Answer: Questioning and mocking.
61) Without which language Web pages would not exist?
62) Which of these peoples once ruled Norway?
63) The emitter current is almost independent of the:
Answer: Collector-to-base voltage.
64) The ballet dancer’s short and spreading skirt is called:
65) Preferential runway for takeoff is used:
Answer: To reduce noise nuisance.
66) To which country does the volcano Cotopaxi belong?
67) Name an abiotic resource:
68) Which sign is the decapod of the zodiac?
69) Who is the author of the classic “Principia Mathematica”?
Answer: Alfred North Whitehead and Bertrand Russell.
70) Where would you now try to find the remains of the ancient city of Carthage?
71) invented the modern form of the aerosol spray?
Answer: Robert Abplanalp (1953)
72) What does the “SIM” in SIM card stand for?
Answer: Subscriber Identity Module.
73) Which are the factors resulting in a road accident?
Answer: Road and environment deficiencies, Road user errors or human factors, vehicle defects.
74) What is the high tower of a Muslim Mosque called?
Answer: A minaret.
75) Who put forth the nebular hypothesis explaining the origin of the earth?
76) What is chalcedony?
Answer: A gemstone.
Read more General Knowledge Questions and Answers