Political Quiz Questions and Answers – Politics GK
General Political Quiz Questions and Answers 2020 Part 1
1) For how many years is a French President elected?
Answer: Seven years.
2) What does the GOP stand for?
Answer: Grand Old Party.
3) Name the person who won the Nehru Award for International Understanding, he also known as Frontier Gandhi?
Answer: Abdul Ghaffar Khan.
4) What is Donald Trump’s middle name?
5) Who was the first president of Russia after the fall of the Soviet Union?
Answer: Boris (Nikolayevich) Yeltsin the first popularly elected Russian president in 1991.
6) Who was known as ‘Lion of Kashmir’?
Answer: Sheikh Abdullah.
7) Who is the longest serving Prime Minister in British history?
Answer: Sir Robert Walpole.
8) Who was the chief leader of South African Negroes during the period of 1905-1940?
Answer: Abdullah Abdurahman.
9) What relation was John Parke Custis to George Washington?
10) Name the 6th President of U.S.A, who was the son of U.S.A’s 2nd President?
Answer: John Quincy Adams.
11) What nickname was given to Robert Walpole’s period of political dominance?
Answer: The Robinocracy.
12) Who was the founder of Christian Democratic Union (C.D.U.) in West Germany?
Answer: Conrad Adner.
13) Which American President was the last to be impeached?
Answer: Richard Nixon.
14) Who was the President of Cameroon during the period of 1960-1982?
Answer: Ahmadou Ahidjo.
15) Bob Bennett, who belonged to the Republican Party, became a senator in the year 2009. Which state did he represent?
16) Name the Communist leader of Indonesia during the period of 1951-1965:
Answer: D. N. Aidit.
17) Who was the first Latino Supreme Court Justice?
Answer: Sonia Sotomayor.
18) King of Bavaria (1806-1825):
Answer: Maximilian I.
19) What was the original name of the company Trump’s father Frederick owned?
Answer: Elizabeth Trump & Son.
20) Who was the President of Uganda during the period of 1971-1979?
Answer: Idi Amin.
General Political Quiz Questions and Answers 2020 Part 2
21) Which role had Thomas Pelham-Holles held for over 30 years before his time as Prime Minister began?
Answer: Secretary of State.
22) Name the English man who was a freedom fighter of India, he was also known as ‘Deenabandhu’?
Answer: Charles Freer Andrews.
23) Where was George Washington sworn in as the first President of the USA?
Answer: Federal Hall, New York City.
24) Who was the General Secretary of U.S.S.R’s Communist Party after the death of Leonid Brezhnev?
Answer: Yuri Vladimirovich Andropov.
25) In what years did Spencer Compton serve as Prime Minister?
26) Name the founder of ‘Dravida Munnetra Kazhagam’ (D.M.K):
Answer: C. N. Annadurai.
27) Mahmoud Ahmadinejad was Prime Minister of which country?
28) Which are the famous works of C. N. Annadurai?
Answer: Velaikari, Oru Iravu.
29) Who wrote the book ‘Crippled America’?
Answer: Donald Trump.
30) Name the Irish woman, who was the President of Theosophical Society and Indian National Congress?
Answer: Annie Besant.
31) What word is used for a long speech by a Senator that halts the passage of a bill?
32) Who was the President of Philippines in 1986?
Answer: Corazon Aquino.
33) What was Donald Trump’s famous catchphrase he used to say during his NBC TV show?
Answer: You’re fired.
34) Who was the chairman of Palestine Liberation Organisation (PLO) since 1968?
Answer: Yasser Arafat.
35) Which Tory was Prime Minister when America gained independence from British rule?
Answer: Lord Frederick North.
36) Who was the first President of Turkey?
Answer: Mustafa Kemal Atatürk.
37) John Adams served as the first United States ambassador to what two countries?
Answer: United Kingdom and the Netherlands.
38) When did Sirimavo Bandaranaike become as world’s first woman Prime Minister?
39) What King dismissed George Grenville as Prime Minister?
Answer: George III.
40) When did Zulfikar Ali Bhutto hang to death?
General Political Quiz Questions and Answers 2020 Part 3
41) What Us President said I promise instead of I swear inaugurate?
Answer: Richard M Nixon.
42) Benazir Bhutto, daughter of Zulfikar Ali Bhutto was appointed as a Prime Minister in:
Answer: 1988 December.
43) Can you name the politician who received the ‘Order of the German Eagle, award in the year 1938?
Answer: Henry Ford.
44) Who was the founder of Pakistan People’s Party?
Answer: Zulfikar Ali Bhutto.
45) Who was the first African-American Supreme Court Justice?
Answer: Thurgood Marshall.
46) He was Gandhi’s Doctor. He won the Bharat Ratna in 1961. Who was he?
Answer: Bidhan Chandra Roy.
47) When did Donald Trump divorce from his first wife, Ivana?
48) Who was the king of Nepal in 1972?
Answer: Birendra Bir Bikram Shah.
49) Who served as British Prime Minister between 1812 and 1827?
Answer: Robert Jenkinson.
50) After the death of John Smith in 1994, who has became the leader of Labour Party of England?
Answer: Tony Blair.
51) John Adams was the first President to reside where?
Answer: The White House.
52) Jim Bolger, the leader of National Party became the Prime Minister of New Zealand in:
53) Frederick North led the United Kingdom through the majority of what war?
Answer: American Revolutionary War.
54) When did Willy Brandt, Chancellor of West Germany win the Nobel Prize for Peace?
55) Where was Lyndon Johnson when he first took the Presidential oath?
Answer: Air force I.
56) George Bush was the President of U.S.A during the period of:
57) What medal did J. William Fulbright get in the year 1977?
Answer: Benjamin Franklin Medal.
58) Who was the President of U.S.A after George Bush?
Answer: Bill Clinton.
59) James Monroe wrote this document warning Europe not to try to interfere with either South or North America. What is it?
Answer: Monroe Doctrine.
60) When did Captain Lakshmi Sahgal win, ‘Padma Vibhushan’?
General Political Quiz Questions and Answers 2020 Part 4
61) What is the name of Trump’s second wife?
Answer: Marla Maples.
62) Who was the 39th President (1977-1981) of U.S.A?
Answer: Jimmy Carter.
63) Aberdeen resigned in 1855 because of his perceived failures managing which crisis?
Answer: The Crimean War.
64) After resigning from Congress Party in 1959, which party was formed by Chakravarti Rajagopalachari?
Answer: Swatantra Party.
65) What country supported Thomas Jefferson in his bid to become President in 1796?
66) Charan Singh was the Prime Minister of India in 1979 for some days. He died in 1987. He was the leader of:
Answer: Lok Dal.
67) Who was King during William Pitt the Younger’s tenure as Prime Minister?
Answer: George III.
68) Valko Chervenkov was the Prime Minister of Bulgaria during the period of 1950-1956. He was known as:
Answer: Little Stalin.
69) What first lady became the first wife of a sitting president to appear under subpoena before a grand jury?
Answer: Hillary Rodham Clinton.
70) Chiang Ching-kuo was the famous leader of Taiwan Nationalist Chinese Government. When did he become the President of Taiwan?
71) Can you name the politician who received the ‘Nansen Refugee Award’ in the year 1954?
Answer: Eleanor Roosevelt.
72) When U.S.A fought against Vietnam, who advised the Vietnam guerrillas the method of defeating U.S.A?
Answer: Truong Chinh.
73) Which member of the President’s Cabinet has jurisdiction over the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI)?
Answer: Attorney General.
74) Who was the Prime Minister of France during the period of 1974-1976 and 1986-1988?
Answer: Jacques Chirac.
75) Which university did Trump attend before transferring to University of Pennsylvania?
Answer: Fordham University.
76) Who was the President of Mozambique in 1986?
Answer: Joaquim Alberto Chissano.
77) Who succeeded Asquith as Prime Minister on 6th December 1916?
Answer: David Lloyd George..
78) Who was the youngest Prime Minister in the history of Canada?
Answer: Charles Joseph Clark.
79) What war did the USA fight against the United Kingdom during James Madison’s tenure as President?
Answer: War of 1812.
80) Who was the Prime Minister of Canada in 1984?
Answer: Joe Clark.
General Political Quiz Questions and Answers 2020 Part 5
81) What was the name of the government of national unity that William Grenville formed after becoming Prime Minister?
Answer: Ministry of All the Talents.
82) Name the person who has worked as a Private Secretary of Winston Churchill (British Prime Minister) for a long period?
Answer: Sir. John Colville.
83) Which President Instigated The New Deal For The USA?
Answer: Franklin D Roosevelt.
84) When was Sun Yat-sen died?
85) Who wrote the book ‘Hard Choices’?
Answer: Hillary Clinton.
86) She was a famous person in Greece politics, she was the wife of Sir Alexander Fleming, inventor of Penicillin. Who was she?
Answer: Amalia Fleming.
87) The National Security Council (NSC) falls under the jurisdiction of which U.S. government agency?
Answer: Executive Office of the President.
88) When did Malcolm Fraser become the Prime Minister of Australia?
89) Who co-produced The Celebrity Apprentice alongside Donald Trump?
Answer: Mark Burnett.
90) For fifteen years, who was India’s Prime Minister?
Answer: Indira Gandhi.
91) Which Prime Minister suspended the Death Penalty in England, Wales and Scotland?
Answer: Harold Wilson.
92) Who was the most famous man of 20th century?
Answer: Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi.
93) James Monroe was the last President of what dynasty?
Answer: Virginia dynasty.
94) Name the Indian Prime Minister, who won the ‘Bharat Ratna Award’ in 1971?
Answer: Indira Gandhi.
95) Arthur Wellesley famously led coalition forces at which 1815 battle?
Answer: Battle of Waterloo.
96) Name the English Liberal politician who succeeded Clement Davies as Liberal leader in 1956.
Answer: Jo Grimond.
97) Can you name the politician who received the ‘Nobel Peace Prize’ in the year 1953?
Answer: George Marshall.
98) Who became the first female leader of a British political party?
Answer: Margaret Thatcher.
99) What is the Israeli parliament called?
100) Who was the first SNP politician to hold the post of First Minister of Scotland?
Answer: Alex Salmond.
Read more > Quiz Questions and Answers