80 GK Questions with Answers in English
Learn GK Questions with Answers in English Part 1 (1-25)
1) Of the renowned American symphony orchestras, name the earliest:
Answer: New York Philharmonic Orchestra.
2) What is the fullfrom of SLV?
Answer: Satellite Launch Vehicle.
3) When did the Irish Famine take place?
4) Which is the only Laurel and Hardy film to have won an Oscar?
Answer: The Music Box (1932) for Best Short Comedy film.
5) What did Sir Rowland Hill introduce in Britain in 1840?
Answer: The Penny Post.
6) Which film won the Golden Globe Award in 2007?
7) James Cameron was in the news recently. Who is he?
Answer: Canadian film maker, director, producer, and screenwriter.
8) The Republic of Palau became a member of the U.N. in:
9) Who got Mother Theresa Memorial International Award for Social Justice 2016?
Answer: Faraaz Ayaaz Hossain.
10) Who chooses the physics, chemistry, and economics Nobel Laureates winners?
Answer: The Royal Swedish Academy of Sciences in Stockholm.
11) How many letters of the alphabet make the Roman numbering system?
12) Who was the first Indian athlete to represent India in the Olympic Games?
Answer: Mary D’Souza Sequeira.
13) Which telephone company introduced the first mobile telephone service (MTS), in 1946?
Answer: AT&T (American Telephone and Telegraph Company).
14) In football When did the system of players wearing numbered shirts begin?
15) Who would have worn a ‘gorget’, ‘pauldron’, ‘beaver’ and ‘greave’?
Answer: A knight – they are all parts of a suit of armor.
16) Where was the first cricket test match played in India?
Answer: In 1933-34 at Bombay between India and England.
17) Who is the first person to sequence DNA in space?
Answer: Kate Rubins.
18) Who was the first woman Grand Slam?
Answer: Maureen Connolly (1952-53)
19) Which is the largest volunteer medical organization in the world?
Answer: Medecines Sas Frontieres.
20) Which is the world’s top oil-exporting country?
Answer: Saudi Arabia.
21) Which country was the first to domesticate cats?
22) Overall structure of the play is known as:
23) In which of these countries did manga originate?
24) Write the legal term under civil act which seeks the court to prevent ex parte order:
25) ‘Bastinado’ was an eastern form of punishment. Of what did it consist?
Answer: The beating of the soles of the feet with thin rods.
Online GK Questions with Answers in English Part 2 (26-50)
26) Who was responsible for the commercial production of roll films for the first time?
Answer: Eastman Kodak Company.
27) What is meant by DNA Sequencing?
Answer: Process of determining the precise order of nucleotides within a DNA molecule.
28) Who is angel of prisons?
Answer: Elizabeth Fry.
29) Which is the world’s largest nuclear and particle physics laboratory?
Answer: European Organization for Nuclear Research.
30) What is yarmulke?
Answer: A skull cap worn by Jewish men.
31) What does officious mean?
Answer: Unnecessarily eager to offer one’s services.
32) Who was the author of The Language of Communism’?
Answer: J. Michael Waller.
33) The magnitude and intensity of an earthquake is measured by the:
Answer: Richter scale.
34) Which structure was destroyed in the September 11 terrorist attacks?
Answer: The World Trade Center.
35) One square Centimetre is equal to how many square millimetres?
Answer: 100 square millimetres.
36) How many balls are there on a snooker table at the beginning of a game?
Answer: 22 -including the cue-ball.
37) What is the Currency of Bahamas:
38) Where is Google headquartered?
Answer: Mountain View, California.
39) Which is the entrance door of the tourists who visit China?
Answer: Hong Kong.
40) “He who can not be a good follower can not be a good leader”, is quoted by whom?
41) Which are the three facts a beautician should know?
Answer: Bacteriology, Eradication of bacteria and Health care.
42) In cricket, name the term used for. ‘Loudly abusing the opposing players continuously to make them lose their cool’:
43) Which is the lake that seen on the north side of Northern plateau and also drying’ up?
44) What does the Internet prefix WWW stand for?
Answer: World Wide Web.
45) What is the name gives to the complex folk dance of Bavaria and Alpine Austria?
46) The flag of Nepal is unique in terms of national flags. What is remarkable about it?
Answer: It is not rectangular – it comprises two over-lapping triangles.
47) When did Gandhiji pass the Matriculation Examination?
48) What is meant by Comprehensive Economic and Trade Agreement?
Answer: Tentative free trade agreement between Canada and the European Union.
49) Latex is used for making:
50) Which country is the second largest producer and consumer of currency notes?
Basic GK Questions with Answers in English Part 3 (51-80)
51) Which water can keep a river flowing between periods of rain?
Answer: Ground water.
52) Who discovered the source of the Nile?
Answer: John Hanning Speke).
53) Cuscuta is a _
Answer: Parasitic plant.
54) From which plant is the poison ricin derived?
Answer: Castor bean.
55) The general name for a variety of systematic methods used to examine people’s thoughts, feelings and personality traits is:
Answer: Systematic assessment.
56) What is the inscription on the obverse side of the Victoria Cross?
Answer: For Valour.
57) Name the two divisions in Metaphysics?
Answer: Ontology and cosmology.
58) What is meant by air quality index?
Answer: Number used by government agencies to communicate to the public how polluted the air currently is or how polluted it is forecast to come.
59) If we raised injured part with pressing hold:
Answer: The bleeding will stop very fast.
60) Who is known as the father of hybrid rice?
Answer: Yuan Longping.
61) A longitudinal dune which instead of being transverse to the prevailing wind is parallel to it:
62) In which sport has Jack Nicklaus distinguished himself?
63) Which country in the world is the leading producer of wood pulp?
64) Who was the architect who rebuilt London after the Great Fire of 1666?
Answer: Sir Christopher Wren.
65) The Hill Capital of Sri Lanka?
66) Only one astrological sign is not named after a living creature – which one?
Answer: Libra (the scales).
67) In which mountain range is Andorra?
68) What is anticyclone?
Answer: Weather phenomenon defined as a large scale circulation of winds around a central region of high atmospheric pressure.
69) This African city was once an internationally administered enclave. Which city is this?
70) What is meant by Google Glass?
Answer: Optical head mounted display designed in the shape of a pair of eye glasses.
71) Where is located the American spaceship launching centre?
Answer: Cape Kennedy, Florida, USA.
72) Which monetary unit is the most common in the world?
73) What is Brazil’s largest coastal city?
Answer: Rio de Janeiro.
74) How many republics made up the former Soviet Union?
75) Of which country are New Britain and New Ireland a part?
Answer: Papua New Guinea.
76) With which legendary heroine is the City of Coventry associated?
Answer: Lady Godiva.
77) Preening is associated with the cultivation of:
78) What is meant by Metal Organic Framework?
Answer: Compounds consisting of metal ions or clusters coordinated to organic ligands to form one, two or three dimensional structures.
79) Which theory of trade cycle was propounded by William Stanley Jevons?
Answer: Sunspot Theory.
80) Who is Jerome K Jerome?
Answer: English writer and humorist.
Read more General Knowledge Questions and Answers