General Knowledge (GK) Questions October 23 (2020)
1) According to Astrology, friend planets of Jupiter:
Answer: Sun, Moon and Mars.
2) What stands 320 metres tall in the Champ de Mars and was designed for the 1889 Paris Exhibition?
Answer: Eiffel Tower.
3) What are the two types of cylinder liners?
Answer: Dry liners and wet liners.
4) The Lena River in Russia flows into which sea?
Answer: Laptev Sea.
5) What is the main aim of man according to Buddhism?
Answer: To attain Moksha.
6) A squall line is a term used to describe a:
Answer: Weather front.
It is a line that precedes a cold front, marked by wind gusts and often heavy rain.
7) “If my mother had lived, I could not have loved you, for she would never have let me go” D.H. Lawrence told his wife Frieda. In which novel does Lawrence portray a mother’s possessive love for her son?
Answer: Sons and Lovers.
8) What is the speed of light?
Answer: 186,300 miles per second.
9) Name the American jazz pianist and song-writer who composed ‘Rhapsody in Blue’ and the Negro folk-opera ‘Porgy and Bess’:
Answer: George Gershwin.
10) In which ocean would zero degrees longitude, zero degrees latitude be found?
Answer: The Atlantic Ocean.
11) Name the person who became the chairman of U.S.S.R in 1988, he was also a Soviet leader?
Answer: Mikhail Gorbachev.
12) Can orbitals hold two, four or eight electrons?
13) Warm ocean currents in the equatorial region is known as:
Answer: Equatorial current.
14) Which country leads the world in alcohol consumption?
15) Who defined social control “as a process by which individual is made group responsive and by which social organisation is built and maintained”?
Answer: Paul H. Landis.
General Knowledge (GK) Questions October 23
16) Who were Hugh de Merville, William de Tracy, Reginald Fitzurse and Richard le Breton?
Answer: The four knights who assassinated Thomas a Becket in Canterbury Cathedral.
17) What was the name taken by Nicholas Break Spear in 1154 when he became the only English Pope? Answer: Adrian IV.
18) Who was the only president to serve in the Senate after his presidency?
Answer: Andrew Johnson.
19) What is Reversibility?
Answer: The ability to convert future sums into present funds quickly without appreciable money loss.
20) King Clovis established what city as his capital in 508?
Clovis ruled over the Franks from 481-511 A.D.
21) Where was the first successful transatlantic telegraph cable connected?
Answer: Valentia, Ireland, to Heart’s Content, Newfoundland, Canada.
22) Who was the author of the book Gypsy Ballads?
Answer: Federico Garcia Lorca.
23) Which one had driven German troops out of most of Eastern Europe and had established a pro-Communist Government in Poland?
Answer: Soviet Forces.
24) Who was Time magazine’s first Man of the Year in 1927?
Answer: Charles Lindbergh.
25) The meaning of the word Al-Ameen:
Answer: The faithful.
26) What type of vehicle do the British call a ‘lorry’?
Answer: A Truck.
27) In France, who established royal furniture workshops?
Answer: King Henry IV.
28) In which sport would you hear the term “Dogleg”?
It is golf jargon for a fairway bending either to the right or the left.
29) Annapurna is located at:
Answer: Himalaya in Nepal.
30) In periodicals, the name of what U.S. magazine is the French word for “miss”?
GK Questions with Answers in English > GK Questions and Answers for School Students > New GK Questions with Answers – Learn GK Online > Multiple Choice GK Short Question and Answer > 100 Interesting GK Questions in English > 100 GK Bits in English > General Knowledge Quiz Questions and Answers > 100 Literature General Knowledge Questions > Simple General Knowledge Questions and Answers > 80 General Knowledge Questions for Competitive Exams > 80 Basic General Knowledge Questions and Answers > 50 Important General Knowledge Questions and Answers > 500 General Knowledge Questions – GK Question and Answer > General Knowledge (GK) 2020 – Top 50 Quiz Questions and Answers > Common General Knowledge Questions and Answers > 100 General Knowledge Quiz Questions Answers > Test Your General Knowledge Quiz > 100 General Knowledge ke Question > History General Knowledge (GK) Quiz Questions and Answers > General Knowledge and Current Affairs – October 2020