General Knowledge (GK) Questions and Answers October 29 (2020)
1) According to Astrology friend planets of Venus:
Answer: Mercury and Saturn.
2) Which planet has a revolution time that is shorter than its rotation time?
3) In diesel engines which liners are commonly used?
Answer: Wet liners.
4) What is the world’s tallest waterfall?
5) Name the three basics for Moksha, according to Buddhism:
Answer: Sila, Samadhi, Prajna.
6) Which vaudeville comic billed himself as “The Perfect Fool”?
Answer: Ed Wynn.
Ed Wynn was known for his trademark lisping, outlandish costumes and fluttering hands.
7) ‘Cut out all those exclamation marks. An exclamation mark is like laughing at your own joke’. Who is the author, and practitioner of this sound bit of advice on punctuation?
Answer: J.P. Donleavy.
8) What, specifically, are the metals amalgam, solder, pewter and steel?
9) He was an American Negro singer, born in Princeton, and was especially known for his singing of Negro spirituals. He appeared in works ranging from ‘Show-boat’ to ‘Othello’. Who was he?
Answer: Paul Leroy Robeson.
10) What material did Chinese workers use for scaffolding when building the Great Wall of China?
11) In Hindu Mythology who is the wife of Pandu?
12) What is the largest lake in the world?
Answer: The Caspian Sea.
The Caspian Sea, with a surface area of 143,244 square miles is the largest lake in the world. This salty lake borders Azerbaijan, Russia, Kazakhstan, Turkmenistan, and Iran.
13) During the period of 1966-1975, who was the leader of Nigerian Federal Military Government?
Answer: Yakubu Gowon.
14) After college, Martin returned home to preach about what with “Daddy King”?
Answer: Love, equality, and non-violence.
15) What is the boiling point of water at sea level with a standard pressure of 760 mm?
Answer: 212° F.
General Knowledge (GK) Questions and Answers October 29 Part 2
16) At approximately which latitude is the northern extent of sea ice around Antarctica?
Answer: 60 degrees south.
17) The term Social Control was first introduced to sociology?
Answer: Albion Woodbury Small and George Edgar Vincent.
18) If a mixture contains undissolved particles that are mixed evenly throughout the liquid, it is a:
19) According to the Jewish Talmud, who was Adam’s first wife, before God created Eve?
20) In the New Testament book of John, whom did Jesus raise from the dead after four days in his tomb?
21) When was the first successful transatlantic telegraph cable connected Valentia, Ireland, to Heart’s Content, Newfoundland, Canada?
22) Which magician, born Ehrich Weiss, cemented his reputation for genius with amazing escape tricks?
Answer: Harry Houdini.
Among renowned magician Erich Weiss’s most famous feats was a quick escape from a locked packing case that was thrown into New York Harbor. Less famous was his name change to Harry Houdini.
23) Who determined to maintain light control over Eastern Europe?
24) In which country do you find the Sayan Mountains?
25) Where did king Henry IV establish royal furniture workshops?
Answer: In the Louvre in Paris.
26) Who was the black dancer on The Gong Show?
Answer: Clean Gene the Dancing Machine.
27) What is the height of Aconcagua?
Answer: 6,959 m.
28) _____ list the calculated coordinates of planets over time.
29) Animals first established themselves on dry land by the beginning of which period?
Answer: Devonian period.
30) How many high tides typically occur in a 24-hour period?
GK Questions with Answers in English > GK Questions and Answers for School Students > New GK Questions with Answers – Learn GK Online > Multiple Choice GK Short Question and Answer > 100 Interesting GK Questions in English > 100 GK Bits in English > General Knowledge Quiz Questions and Answers > 100 Literature General Knowledge Questions > Simple General Knowledge Questions and Answers > 80 General Knowledge Questions for Competitive Exams > 80 Basic General Knowledge Questions and Answers > 50 Important General Knowledge Questions and Answers > 500 General Knowledge Questions – GK Question and Answer > General Knowledge (GK) 2020 – Top 50 Quiz Questions and Answers > Common General Knowledge Questions and Answers > 100 General Knowledge Quiz Questions Answers > Test Your General Knowledge Quiz > 100 General Knowledge ke Question > History General Knowledge (GK) Quiz Questions and Answers > General Knowledge and Current Affairs – October 2020