General Knowledge (GK) Questions and Answers October 28 (2020)
1) A former Italian Prime Minister owns a football team. Name it:
Answer: A.C. Milan.
2) Who introduced printing in Europe in the mid-15th century?
Answer: Johann Gutenberg.
3) Name the runner-up in women’s Wimbledon 1998:
Answer: Nathalie Tauziat, France.
4) Who was the youngest president to take office?
Answer: Theodore Roosevelt.
Theodore Roosevelt was 42 when he became president upon the assassination of William McKinley. John F. Kennedy was the youngest elected president at the age of 43.
5) For how long have cockroaches infested the earth?
Answer: 350 million years.
6) What language developed from Jews in German states combining German and Hebrew languages and others, in the 9th century?
Although it is not a national language, Yiddish is spoken by about 4 million Jews all over the world. Before the annihilation of 6 million Jews by the Nazis, Yiddish was the language of more than 11 million people.
7) Who occupied Mesopotamia after the decline of the Sumerian empire?
Answer: Elamites and Amorites.
8) Who was the author of the book ‘One Hundred Years of Solitude’?
Answer: Gabriel Garcia Marquez.
9) What is Xenia?
Answer: Effect of pollen on tissues other than endosperm.
10) Who is the only person to have been executed by an Israeli civilian court?
Answer: Adolf Eichmann.
11) Name a process used for refining of metal:
12) A Mediterranean-style dry summer subtropical climate exists in all of the following areas except?
Answer: Amazon Basin.
13) What is the term “CPM” in management means?
Answer: Critical Path Method.
14) Which ancient dog breed, native to central Africa, is also called “the barkless dog”?
The Basenji does produce a number of sounds other than barks, however.
15) Delphi is the modified version of which language?
General Knowledge (GK) Questions and Answers October 28 Part 2
16) In geography, what is the capital of Canada?
17) Which band is used for microwave relays?
18) Which of these terms is often used to describe a mischievous trick or a prank?
19) The most common disinfectant used for disinfecting well water supply in rural areas is:
Answer: Potassium permanganate.
20) What famous spa is near Little Rock, Arkansas?
Answer: The Hot Springs.
21) How much quantity of fresh water is there on our planet?
Answer: Almost 1500 million cubic kilometres.
22) Plants that reproduce using spores are:
Answer: Mosses and ferns.
23) Both Rene Descartes and Pierre de Fermat are considered to be the founding fathers of this subject. What is the subject?
Answer: Analytical Geometry.
24) Which African country is directly west of Madagascar?
25) At what temperature, the velocity of sound in air is double its value at 0°C?
Answer: 819 °C.
26) Which of these occupations has the highest mortality per 1000 workers?
Answer: Hydroplane driver.
At 25 deaths for every thousand drivers, they are second only to astronauts at 30/1000.
27) How many major ports are there in India?
28) What state was governed by Sir George Bowen for nine years?
29) In which country was Boris Pasternak’s ‘Doctor Zhivago’ first published?
30) Who was the King of Troy?
GK Questions with Answers in English > GK Questions and Answers for School Students > New GK Questions with Answers – Learn GK Online > Multiple Choice GK Short Question and Answer > 100 Interesting GK Questions in English > 100 GK Bits in English > General Knowledge Quiz Questions and Answers > 100 Literature General Knowledge Questions > Simple General Knowledge Questions and Answers > 80 General Knowledge Questions for Competitive Exams > 80 Basic General Knowledge Questions and Answers > 50 Important General Knowledge Questions and Answers > 500 General Knowledge Questions – GK Question and Answer > General Knowledge (GK) 2020 – Top 50 Quiz Questions and Answers > Common General Knowledge Questions and Answers > 100 General Knowledge Quiz Questions Answers > Test Your General Knowledge Quiz > 100 General Knowledge ke Question > History General Knowledge (GK) Quiz Questions and Answers > General Knowledge and Current Affairs – October 2020