General Knowledge (GK) Questions and Answers October 27 (2020)
1) Ermine street, the Roman Road, ran from London northward to which English city?
Answer: York via Lincoln.
2) What is the basic living unit of an organism known as?
3) What is the Dew point?
Answer: The temperature at which the air is fully saturated is called the Dew point.
4) What do you call a grouping of curlews?
Answer: A herd of curlews.
5) Which country in the world is the leading producer of cotton?
6) Approximately what percentage of U.S. workers drive alone to work?
7) This place is dating to an ancient civilisation near Sahiwal. Which place?
8) When did Porky Pig make his first movie?
Answer: On March 2,1935, Porky Pig appeared in his first film, I Haven’t Got a Hat, directed by Friz Freleng. Porky’s career developed alongside the career of Warner Brothers’s head of animation ChuckJones. Pork/s best-known line is “Th-th-th-that’s all, folks!”
9) Which European country has three official languages?
10) Which type of composition literally means “large concert” and typically involves two violins, a viola and a cello?
Answer: Concerto Grossos.
11) Oscar Wilde’s ‘Salome’ was illustrated by a contemporary illustrator. Who?
Answer: Aubrey Beardsley.
12) How many nations made up the Allies in WWII?
13) What is the capital of Bahamas?
14) Which Russian revolutionary died of head wounds on 21 August 1940?
Answer: Leon Trotsky.
15) Which reference book reigns as the all-time best seller?
Answer: ‘The Guinness Book of Records.
General Knowledge (GK) Questions and Answers October 27
16) Carl E. Wieman and Eric A. Cornell led a team of scientists that created a new form of matter in 1995. What is it called?
Answer: The Bose-Einstein condensate. It was predicted in 1924 by Albert Einstein, who extended the work of S. N. Bose. This new form of matter occurs when the wavelengths of individual atoms begin to overlap and behave in identical fashion, forming only at a few hundred billionths of a degree above absolute zero. Wieman, Cornell, and Wolfgang Ketterle won the Nobel Prize for Physics in 2001.
17) Which part of Antarctica is under New Zealand’s jurisdiction?
Answer: Ross Dependency.
18) What is printed on most articles for sale and is read by a scanning device to identify the manufacturer and the product?
19) A day is added when a person crosses the International Date Line from:
Answer: North to South.
20) What is the correct order of the following three U.S. states from west to east?
Georgia, Alabama, Mississippi
Alabama, Mississippi, Georgia
Mississippi, Alabama, Georgia
Mississippi, Georgia, Alabama
Answer: Mississippi, Alabama, Georgia
21) Who is the author of ‘The Trade Cycle’?
Answer: R.C. Mathews.
22) This 1915 D.W. Griffith epic treats the Civil War and Reconstruction:
Answer: The Birth of a Nation.
23) Stan Laurel was given a special Academy Award in 1960 for his ‘creative pioneering in the field of Cinema Comedy’ True or False?
24) What is the distance from the Earth to the Moon?
Answer: 239,000 miles.
25) What is the name of the villain played by David Niven in “The Pick Panther”?
Answer: The Phantom.
26) In which two countries can you find mountain ranges named Sierra Nevada?
Answer: Spain and the USA.
27) Who won the Nobel Prize for physiology/medicine in 1901?
Answer: Emil von Behring (German).
28) A proton donor or an electron pair acceptor is a/n …
29) What is the distance covered in Marathon race?
Answer: 26 miles and 385 yards.
30) Which country lacks direct access to the Black Sea?
GK Questions with Answers in English > GK Questions and Answers for School Students > New GK Questions with Answers – Learn GK Online > Multiple Choice GK Short Question and Answer > 100 Interesting GK Questions in English > 100 GK Bits in English > General Knowledge Quiz Questions and Answers > 100 Literature General Knowledge Questions > Simple General Knowledge Questions and Answers > 80 General Knowledge Questions for Competitive Exams > 80 Basic General Knowledge Questions and Answers > 50 Important General Knowledge Questions and Answers > 500 General Knowledge Questions – GK Question and Answer > General Knowledge (GK) 2020 – Top 50 Quiz Questions and Answers > Common General Knowledge Questions and Answers > 100 General Knowledge Quiz Questions Answers > Test Your General Knowledge Quiz > 100 General Knowledge ke Question > History General Knowledge (GK) Quiz Questions and Answers > General Knowledge and Current Affairs – October 2020