General Knowledge (GK) Questions and Answers October 25 (2020)
1) Gandhi was elected President of the All-India “Khilafat” Conference which held its session on 24 November, 1919 at?
2) American writer and humorist Samuel Clemens adopted which pen name from a term commonly used in river boating?
Answer: Mark Twain.
While working as a reporter on a Nevada newspaper, Samuel Langhorne Clemens, a former Mississippi riverboat pilot, adopted the pseudonym Mark Twain, which in river parlance means “two fathoms deep.”
3) Which kind of plants have more than one stem?
4) What is the largest U.S. state east of the Mississippi River?
5) A passage in which the river water flows are:
6) What was the name of the first trained dolphin in the movie The Day of the Dolphin?
7) Miller’s experiment proves the origin of life by:
8) Talc is the softest mineral. The scale used to test the hardness of minerals for identification is:
Answer: Moh’s Scale.
9) How many dominant types of cognitive theories of development are there?
10) The town of Hershey, home to the world’s largest chocolate plant, can be found in which state?
11) Who invented analytic geometry?
Answer: Rene Descartes.
12) Which bird’s feathers turn white during the winter?
Ptarmigans are members of the grouse family of game birds.
13) Which is the principal animal steroid?
14) What kind of creature was Dr. Seuss’s Yertle?
Answer: A turtle.
15) In which state of India, the broadest continental shelf is found?
General Knowledge (GK) Questions and Answers October 25 Part 2
16) Which insect has been used to treat baldness?
Answer: Blister beetles.
17) Process of changing a fluid into a thickened congealed state, as in blood is called:
18) Which city is the capital of the Italian region of Lombardy?
19) Which was the capital of Egypt during the period of The Old Kingdom?
20) What is the two-word motto for the Boy Scouts of America?
Answer: Be prepared.
21) Arabian Peninsula is a vast plateau lying between:
Answer: the Red Sea and the Persian Gulf.
22) The estimated age of the universe is:
Answer: Between 7 and 20 billion years old.
23) The leader of the counter-reformation was a retired soldier called:
Answer: Ignatius of Loyola.
24) Which Latin American country has the highest proportion of black population?
25) A world leader, whose dead body was secretly removed from the Mausoleum in 1961?
26) The word “dinosaur” is derived from the Greek for “terrible lizard”.
27) The name of the first workers government in the world:
Answer: Paris Commune.
28) The tendency for a stationary object to remain at rest, and for a moving object to continue at the same speed is called:
29) ‘The Boer War’ fought between the Boers of South Africa and the English was in the year:
Answer: AD 1899.
30) Who was King Arthur’s wife?
GK Questions with Answers in English > GK Questions and Answers for School Students > New GK Questions with Answers – Learn GK Online > Multiple Choice GK Short Question and Answer > 100 Interesting GK Questions in English > 100 GK Bits in English > General Knowledge Quiz Questions and Answers > 100 Literature General Knowledge Questions > Simple General Knowledge Questions and Answers > 80 General Knowledge Questions for Competitive Exams > 80 Basic General Knowledge Questions and Answers > 50 Important General Knowledge Questions and Answers > 500 General Knowledge Questions – GK Question and Answer > General Knowledge (GK) 2020 – Top 50 Quiz Questions and Answers > Common General Knowledge Questions and Answers > 100 General Knowledge Quiz Questions Answers > Test Your General Knowledge Quiz > 100 General Knowledge ke Question > History General Knowledge (GK) Quiz Questions and Answers > General Knowledge and Current Affairs – October 2020