General Electronics Questions and Answers
Top 50 Electronics Questions and Answers
General Electronics Questions and Answers Part 1 (Questions 1-15)
1) The receiving antenna intercepts a portion of this wave. Which wave?
2) It is a process of allowing an electric current to flow only in one direction that is changing A.C into D.C.
3) A radio demodulates the information contained in the:
Answer: Radio waves.
4) What is oscillation?
Answer: It is a process of conversion of D.C into a signal of the desired frequency.
5) Which selects and amplifies the desired transmitted signal?
Answer: Radio receiver.
6) Which of the electronics is known as wonder child of electronics?
7) Which are the three most important characteristics of a radio receiver?
Answer: Sensitivity, selectivity, and fidelity.
8) The third electrode in a triode is known as?
Answer: Control grid.
9) Which performs to the ability of a radio receiver to detect weak signals?
10) The thermionic valve named triode has _?
Answer: 3 electrodes.
11) Which pertains to the ability of a radio receiver to exactly reproduce the original information?
12) The impurity to be added to get p-type semi-conductor is _?
13) Which receiver converts all incoming frequencies into a fixed frequency?
14) Current conduction in n-type semi-conductor is due to _?
Answer: Free electrons.
15) Which pertains to the ability of a receiver to receive the tuned frequency in exclusion of other frequencies?
Online Electronics General Quiz Questions Part 2 (Questions 16-30)
16) Example of a donor is?
17) At the input of the receiver, along with the genuine signals, there is always some:
18) The hole is considered as?
Answer: Equivalent of a positive charge.
19) Which converts the demodulated electrical waves into sound waves?
20) Detection is a kind of _?
21) Which controls the radio waves in accordance with the information to be transmitted?
Answer: Telegraph Key.
22) The middle region of the transistor is known as?
23) This consists of periodic interruptions of continuous radio waves in accordance with a telegraphic code. Name it:
24) The current carriers in NPN transistor consist of _?
25) This consists of modulation of radio waves by speech or music. Name it:
26) A function which cannot be done by a junction of a diode is _?
27) Which converts sound energy into electric energy?
28) Greatly facilitated radio communications:
29) Who verified the existence of radio waves in 1887?
Answer: Heinrich Hertz.
30) Who succeeded in spanning the Atlantic with the letter S of the Morse code?
Answer: Guglielmo Marconi.
General Electronics Questions Part 3 (Questions 31-50)
31) What generates the radio frequency waves?
Answer: Radio transmitter.
32) Which keying of the power amplifier is a popular method of keying?
Answer: Plate circuit keying.
33) Several intermediate amplifiers are inserted between the oscillator and the final power amplifier when:
Answer: High output power is required.
34) Which microphone is based on the piezoelectric effect?
35) What are the distinguishing marks of a microphone?
Answer: Their output and range of frequency response.
36) Which is the process of modifying the amplitude of an rf carrier in accordance with the strength of the audio signal?
Answer: Amplitude modulation.
37) Crystals cannot be obtained that will oscillate well in this band. Which band?
38) A microphone frequency response from 20 to 1500 hz is necessary for this broadcasting. Name it:
39) Which changes the amplitude variations of an audio signal into corresponding phase or frequency variations?
Answer: The resistance tube modulator.
40) Which antenna radiates wave into space?
41) Which antenna intercepts a portion of the radiated waves?
42) Who predicted the Existence of electromagnetic waves?
Answer: Clerk Maxwell in 1865.
43) Which electric charges always radiate energy in the form of electromagnetic waves?
44) What do we need to radiate or receive electromagnetic waves effectively?
45) This is a system of elevated conductors, which matches the transmitter or receiver to space. Name it:
Answer: An antenna.
46) The electrical length of a Hertz antenna is a half:
47) If the plane of the electric field is horizontal with respect to the earth, the wave is said to be:
Answer: Horizontally polarised.
48) If the electric field is oriented vertically with respect to the earth, the wave is said to be:
Answer: Vertically polarized.
49) Which is primarily a function of’ the antenna orientation?
Answer: The wave polarization.
50) The voltage induced in the receiving antenna is of the same waveform as the:
Answer: Radio waves.