Football Quiz Questions and Answers
100 Football General Quiz Questions and Answers Part 1 (Quiz 1-20)
1) Who were Liverpool’s first opponents in the Football League?
Answer: Middlesbrough Ironopolis.
2) Where was the 1980 European Cup Winners’ Cup Final held?
3) Where was the 2006 Champions League Final held?
4) What is the name of the world’s largest football ground?
Answer: Rungrado 1st of May Stadium.
5) What is the highest number of goals that FC Barcelona has scored in a league season?
6) The Oval, London has a very special place in soccer history. Can you say why?
Answer: Of being the final venue of the oldest football clubs championship.
7) Liverpool’s win of the European Cup in 1976 -77 was only the second by a British club. Who were the first?
Answer: Glasgow Celtic.
8) When and where was the first world cup championship held?
Answer: 1930 at Uruguay.
9) Who won the Premier League 2012-13?
Answer: Manchester United.
10) Who were the first host nation to go out in the first round of the world cup?
Answer: South Africa.
11) Who was the first world cup trophy named after?
Answer: Jules Rimet.
12) Who has scored the most hat tricks in La Liga for Barcelona?
Answer: Lionel Messi.
13) What do the two football Dundee United F.C. and Celtic F.C have in common?
Answer: Both belong to Scotland.
14) Who scored Liverpool’s only goal in the 1978 European Cup Final?
Answer: Kenny Dalglish.
15) Name the player to have been capped most often by his country?
Answer: Héctor Chumpitaz.
16) How many Barcelona players have won the World Player of the Year award?
17) What does Copa Libertadores mean?
Answer: The South American Cup for Clubs.
18) Mark Hateley was top scorer in 1984 and then sold to which club?
Answer: AC Milan.
19) Name the oldest member of a World Cup Winning Team:
Answer: Dino Zoff (Italy) – 40 years in 1982.
20) Billy Buffalo is the mascot of which NFL team?
Answer: Buffalo Bills.
21) Who was the first winner of the “Golden Boot Award” and when?
Answer: Eusébio (Benfica) in 1967-68.
Football Quiz Questions and Answers 2020 Part 2 (Quiz 21-40)
22) When did a sixteen year old Alan Knight make his League debut?
23) Can you score a goal directly from a flag kick ?
24) What is the name of the Houston Texans mascot?
25) Can you be ‘off side’ from a flag kick?
26) Who was known as ‘Mad Dog’?
Answer: Martin Allen.
27) How many countries took part in first World Cup Championship and who won?
Answer: Thirteen, Uruguay.
28) “Nittany Lion” is the mascot for which college team?
Answer: Penn State University.
29) Which country won the Jules Rimet Trophy outright by winning the world cup four times?
Answer: Brazil (1958,1962, 1970 and 1994).
30) Which former ‘Footballer of the Year’ went to play for Nagoya Grampus Eight instead of competing in the inaugural Premier League?
Answer: Gary Lineker.
31) Which countries have won the world cup thrice?
Answer: Italy (1934, 1938 and 1982), W. Germany (1954, 1974 and 1990).
32) What is the highest number of goals that Manchester United has scored in a league season?
33) Who has played in the maximum number of World Cup Competitions?
Answer: Antonio Carbajal of Mexico. 5 [(1950, 1954, 1958, 1962, 1966).
34) Which Czech Republic player scored a hat-trick for Liverpool against Chelsea in 1997?
Answer: Patrik Berger.
35) Who is the only player to have been a member of the World Cup winning team thrice?
Answer: Pele (Brazil).
36) What is Manchester United’s training ground better known as?
37) Who holds the record of most goals scored in a single World Cup Com-petition?
Answer: 13, Just Fontaine (France) in 1958.
38) Which London club was the first Premiership team to be relegated twice?
Answer: Crystal Palace.
39) Who is nick-named ‘Der Kaiser’?
Answer: Franz Beckenbauer (West Germany), former Captain and Coach.
40) Who has scored the most hat tricks for Manchester United?
Answer: Denis Law.
Football Quiz Questions and Answers 2020 Part 3 (Quiz 41-60)
41) What is Pele’s real and full name?
Answer: Edson Arantes do Nascimento.
42) Which Birmingham City player was responsible for the tackle that broke Eduardo’s leg in 2008?
Answer: Martin Taylor.
43) Who is the best football player of Europe in 1998?
Answer: Zinedine Zidane, France.
44) What are the longer sides of a football pitch called?
45) What is the prize for the best football player of Europe?
Answer: Golden Football.
46) Where did legendary goalkeeper David Seaman go after leaving Arsenal?
Answer: Manchester City.
47) Which American Club did Pele play for in his last playing days?
48) Which was the first football club to founded?
Answer: Sheffield Football Club.
49) Of which Brazilian Club was Pele a member?
50) Which two Arsenal players were sent off versus Chelsea in September 2015?
Answer: Gabriel Paulista and Santi Cazorla.
51) What was Pele’s career record before he joined Cosmos?
Answer: 1216 goals from 1254 matches.
52) Which is the most successful British women’s football club?
Answer: Arsenal Women’s FC.
53) If a team scores on the stroke of half time or full time, must the ball be kicked off again before the referee signals the interval or end of play?
Answer: No, not necessary.
54) In 2006, who took over from Prince Andrew as the President of the English Football Association?
Answer: Prince William.
55) Who was called the “Female Pele”?
Answer: Beverley Ranger (U.K).
56) “The Salvation” and “Elizabeth” are two films starring which former Manchester United football player?
Answer: Eric Cantona.
57) When were the first rules of the game of Football framed and where?
Answer: 1848 Cambridge, England.
58) Which Scottish football team are named after the Latin word for “Ireland”?
59) Tragedies resulting in spectator deaths are not common in Football. Which was the first such tragedy which killed 25 in the U.K?
Answer: 1902, Ibrox Park.
60) Who scored the only goal for Chelsea in the 2017/2018 season FA cup finals against Manchester United?
Answer: Eden hazard.
Football Quiz Questions and Answers 2020 Part 4 (Quiz 61-80)
61) Can you recall the air crash in Italy which killed all on board including the players of a Champion Football Club. Give the year and the name of the club?
Answer: 1949, Torino, the Italian champion side.
62) In 1990, which country’s football team became the first ever to fail to score in a World Cup final?
63) In 1958 another air crash killed eight top players of a famous-English football club. Which club?
Answer: Manchester United at Munich.
64) In 2017, which player won the Chelsea’ player of the year award?
Answer: Eden Hazard.
65) Who was the first footballer to be knighted?
Answer: Sir Stanley Matthews in 1965.
66) What year were Arsenal founded?
67) Who was the first footballer to play a century of Internationals?
Answer: Billy Wright (England) played his 100th in 1959.
68) Former Chelsea Player Nicolas Anelka played his international football from which country?
69) When was Football included in the Olympics?
Answer: 1908, London.
70) What year were Liverpool founded?
71) Who won the Olympics gold in 1908?
72) Who is the only British player to win the Golden Boot as top scorer at a final?
Answer: Gary Lineker.
73) Who has been the runners-up at the two Olympics 1984 and 1988?
74) What year were Manchester City founded?
75) When did the Football referees first use whistles?
76) Which former League club based on the coast are called the Sandgrounders?
77) The original FA. Cup begun in 1871 was stolen in 1895. From where? Was it replaced?
Answer: From a shop window in Birmingham. It was never found.
78) What is Lionel Messi’s middle name?
79) Before the year 1937, a football was lighter than the one used subsequently. What is the weight difference?
Answer: Before 1937, 368 – 425 gm (13-15 oz) After 1937, 397- 454 gm (14-16 oz).
80) When did England first enter the World Cup?
Football Quiz Questions and Answers 2020 Part 5 (Quiz 81-100)
81) Where was the 15th (1994) World Cup Football held?
82) Who is Messi often compared to?
Answer: Diego Maradona.
83) A country won World Cup in 1954, 1974 and 1990. Name the country?
Answer: West Germany.
84) Which country knocked hosts Great Britain out in the last eight of the 2012 tournament?
Answer: South Korea.
85) Who scored the last goal for Brazil in the 1970 final to give Brazil the right to keep the Jules Rimet Trophy?
Answer: Carlos Alberto.
86) On 20th March 2012 Lionel Messi became top scorer in Barcelona’s history, whose record did he break?
Answer: Cesar Rodriguez.
87) Where was the 1970 world final played?
Answer: Aztec Stadium, Mexico.
88) Who is called “Beast Mode”?
Answer: Marshawn Lynch.
89) What is the highest score recorded in a first class match?
Answer: 36-0, Arbroath Bon Accord in a Scottish Cup match in 1885.
90) Which goalkeeper has made most premiership appearances?
Answer: David James.
91) What is the highest score in an international game?
Answer: England beat Australia 17-0 in 1951.
92) Which player is associated with the “Mile High Salute”?
Answer: Terrill Davis.
93) Which country did the great footballer Diego Maradona represents?
94) Which England player scored in 46 different Premier League games throughout his career – and didn’t lose any of them?
Answer: Darius Vassell.
95) Which country did the great footballer Marco van Basten represents?
96) Name the team whose defensive line was called the “The Steel Curtain”?
Answer: Pittsburgh Steelers.
97) Which country did the great footballer Mirandinha represents?
98) Where did Manchester City play their home games before moving to Eastlands in 2003?
Answer: Maine Road.
99) Which country did the great footballer Danny McGrain represents?
100) When did Arsenal join The Football League?
Read more > Quiz Questions and Answers