Fashion and Clothing Quiz Questions Answers
100 Fashion and Clothing online Quiz Questions and Answers Part 1 (1-25)
1) Where did American fashion designer Liz Claiborne born?
2) What is the name of a long piece of cloth worn by women over the shoulder?
3) The hometown of fashion designer Christian Dior is?
4) What is the name of rubber-soled canvas shoes?
5) What do you mean by Camlet, also commonly known as camelot or camblet in the fashion industry?
Answer: The waterproof cloth of camel’s hair.
6) What is poncho?
Answer: A cloak like a blanket with a hole in the middle for the head. This garment and cap are used as a raincoat.
7) Name the celebrity fashion designer from Florida who was born in Italy?
Answer: Gianni Versace.
8) What is the name of strong shiny cotton?
9) A form of women’s loose gown intended for wear at night and in the bedroom.
10) What is angora?
Answer: Garment made from the wool of angora goats.
11) Which was the home country of fashion designer Martin Margiela?
12) What is the name of the ornament for the ankle?
13) Jeans refers to a particular style of Trousers which were invented by?
Answer: Jacob W. Davis in partnership with Levi Strauss & Co.
14) What is the name of a piece of ornamental cloth put on the back of a chair to protect it from marks left by hair oil?
15) Define the costume bikini.
Answer: The dress of women which is smaller in size, it is used while doing swimming and sunbath.
16) What is Appliqué?
Answer: A kind of decorative needlework.
17) Who is the person to start a fashion magazine for the first time?
Answer: Samuel Beeton.
18) What is the colour of aquamarine, a precious stone?
Answer: Bluish green.
19) What do you think about Winklepickers?
Answer: A style of shoe with a very sharp and quite long pointed toe.
20) What is the name of triangular headscarf tied by women under the chin?
21) A Beret is _____
Answer: A kind of woolen cap.
22) What is the name of the covering for feet worn by the children?
Answer: Baby socks.
23) Sarong is a _____
Answer: Dress which looks like a skirt worn by women and men of Malaysia.
24) What is the name of the garment having a front opening?
25) A short, wide strip of fabric worn by men around the neck and tucked inside an open-necked shirt is _____
Fashion and Clothing Quiz Questions Answers Part 2 (26-50)
26) What is the name of round brimless head-covering?
27) Fedora lies in which category of accessories?
Answer: A kind of cap.
28) What is the name of a stiff felt hat?
29) _____ is a technique of wax-resist dyeing applied to cloth manually, originated from Indonesia
30) What is the bracelet?
Answer: Ornament for the wrist, worn by men and women.
31) The category of dress in which Peg and harem belong to?
32) What is braid?
Answer: A kind of embroidery.
33) A _____ is a sweater type of knitted garment that has an open front
34) What is the name of short pants?
35) On which year Christian Marie Marc Lacroix, a French fashion icon, was born?
36) What is a bush shirt?
Answer: A kind of shirt with half sleeves.
37) The fancy embroidery in which golden and silver threads are used is _____
38) What is the name of a fine thin cotton or linen fabric?
39) The trousers which have a length up to the knees are commonly called?
40) What is capeline?
Answer: A kind of woolen cap.
41) The pants wore on bedtime is known as?
42) What is the name of clergymen’s long outer garment?
43) What is the name of a loose cloak with the hood worn by Arab men?
44) _____ is a bright coloured handkerchief with printed designs on it, worn tied around the head or neck.
45) What is the name of a thin kind of silk?
46) _____ is a fabric made using flax.
47) What is the name of the shawl worn by Jews for the prayer?
48) The outer loose garment poncho is originated from?
Answer: South America.
49) What is the name of the tight skirt worn by men?
50) What type of garment is Cassock?
Answer: Clergymen’s longer outer garment.
51) What is the name of ornamental needlework?
Top Fashion and Clothing Online Quiz Questions Answers Part 3 (Quiz 51-75)
52) Diane von Furstenberg, formerly Princess Diane of Fürstenbergand and also a Belgian fashion designer is famous in the fashion field for her
Answer: Wrap dress
53) Which three cities are known as the world of fashion besides Paris?
Answer: London, Rome, and Dublin.
54) America’s first designer of ornaments is _____?
Answer: Louis Comfort Tiffany.
55) What is tweed?
Answer: A rough woolen cloth worn by the villagers.
56) The style tonsure is?
Answer: A type of hair decoration which can be seen in fashion competitions.
57) How did the island, Harris become famous?
Answer: In the business of tweed.
58) The country which is well known for its ivory ornaments is?
59) What is the name of the close-fitting cap?
60) A piece of outer clothing consisting of a back and a front part without sleeves and a hole for the head is a?
61) What is the name of a semi-precious red stone?
62) What do you mean by a pelisse?
Answer: A garment of women.
63) What is corset?
Answer: Woman’s close-fitting undergarment.
64) Which is the home country of the famous fashion designer Paul Poiret?
65) What is the name of a light corset-like garment worn by women?
66) Oscar de la Renta, the celebrity fashion designer was born in?
Answer: Dominican Republic
67) What is the name of a loose covering for the head worn by men?
68) What is the name of a French fashion designer who designed skirt and hobble for the first time?
Answer: Paul Poiret.
69) What is crape?
Answer: A thin, crinkled cloth.
70) What does surplice mean in clothing?
Answer: A kind of vestment worn over the cassock.
71) What is the name of an iron plate with spikes worn on the foot for walking on ice etc.?
72) A small piece of cloth or textile material used as a sample of the fabric is called a
73) What is the name of a stiff fabric of horse hair?
74) The name of the cap which came into a particular vogue among civil servants and diplomats in Whitehall?
Answer: Anthony Eden.
75) The fashion designer Rei Kawakubo belongs to which country?
General Fashion and Clothing Quiz Questions Answers Part 4 (76-100)
76) The country from which the waterproof jacket originated?
Answer: In Greenland.
77) What is denim?
Answer: Coloured twilled cotton fabric.
78) A waterproof coat that protects the wearer against wind, rain, and cold weather, usually with a part for covering the head is
79) What is the name of bowler hat worn by men?
80) The raw material used for making Anorak is ____
Answer: Smaller soft hair.
81) What is the name of rough heavy woolen cloth?
82) Who was the wedding dress designer of Queen Elizabeth II?
Answer: Norman Bishop Hartnell.
83) What is felt?
Answer: Cloth of wool.
84) On which year Jean Paul Gaultier, a fashion designer in France was born?
85) What is the name of a cotton imitation of flannel?
86) _____ is a wide flared skirt on which an appliquéd design is on the bright coloured fabric.
Answer: Poodle skirt
87) What is flannel?
Answer: Soft woolen cloth.
88) The home country of Thierry Mugler who is a well-known fashion designer is?
89) What is the name of a stiff cotton cloth?
90) A particular fabric was popularized in 1944 when Adele Simpson presented the bold diamond design on the town suits she created. What was the name of that print?
Answer: Harlequin print
91) What is the name of strong material used for making coat etc.?
92) Which city is the first and major fashion capital of the world and is also known as world of fashion?
93) What is the name of a thin silk fabric?
94) Anna Wintour has become an international fashion icon in her role as editor-in-chief of the highly influential fashion magazine. Name that international magazine
Answer: American Vogue
95) What is habiliment?
Answer: A dress worn by the children.
96) William Ralph Blass (Bill Blass) was an American fashion designer, born in
Answer: Fort Wayne, Indiana, America.
97) What is a Jacket?
Answer: A short coat.
98) The home country of ‘Coco Chanel’ a famous fashion icon is in
99) What is the name of dark green precious stone which is used to make ornaments?
100) What is the actual name of the fashion icon Coco Chanel?
Answer: Gabrielle Bonheur Coco Chanel.
Read more > Quiz Questions and Answers
One CommentLeave a Reply