Current Affairs Quiz
Current Affairs Quiz December 1-7th 2022 Part 1
1) In which city is the International Gita Mahotsav-2022 taking place?
2) What is the date on which International Cheetah Day is celebrated each year?
Answer: December 04
3) In Colombo, Urvashi Singh won two WBC titles by defeating who?
Answer: Thanchanok Phanan
4) Which country has re-elected Teodoro Obiang Mbasogo as President?
Answer: Equatorial Guinea
5) Which month did India take on the presidency of the UN Security Council?
6) Which country’s president will be the chief guest at India’s Republic Day celebrations in 2023?
7) How many bills, including the Biodiversity Amendment Bill, is the Union Government to introduce in the upcoming winter session?
8) Which country is the Great Barrier Reef and Coral Sea off the coast of where researchers discovered five new species of black coral?
9) To which post did Vinay Mohan Kwatra receive a 16-month extension?
Answer: Foreign Secretary
10) In which state is the 23rd Hornbill festival to be organized?
11) Provide the name of the celebrity who is signed as a brand ambassador by wearables brand Noise?
Answer: Virat Kohli
12) What state recently passed a law to increase penalties, including jail time and fines, for forced conversions and “mass conversion”?
13) What is the date for National Organ Donation Day?
Answer: November 27
14) The RBI has conditionally granted The Carlyle Group and Advent permission to acquire a 9.99% stake in which Bank.
Answer: Yes Bank
15) Provide the name of the individual who has been appointed to the role of Revenue Secretary
Answer: Sanjay Malhotra
16) In which country did two volcanic eruptions in the Kamchatka Peninsula region of Siberia erupt?
17) In Vijay Hazare Trophy final, how many wickets did Saurashtra win over Maharashtra?
18) On what date did the 30-share BSE Sensex close for the first time above 63,000 points?
Answer: November 30
19) Where did the First National coastal security conference-2022 take place?
20) What nation has seen a substantial decrease in its Maternal Mortality Ratio (MMR)?
21) Which team was the first to tally 500 runs in a single day of a Test match?
22) Which nation, in addition to the United States, participated in the 18th Yudh Abhyas joint military exercise?
23) The National Statistical Commission has named who as its chairperson?
Answer: Rajeeva Laxman Karandikar
24) On what date is World AIDS Day observed?
Answer: December 1
25) RRPR Holdings was taken over by which group?
Answer: Adani Group
26) In which state was the 53rd International Film Festival of India held?
27) From what year onwards will the Pre-matric Scholarship be available to minorities in classes 9 and 10?
28) What person has been elected to serve as president of AAAI?
Answer: Prasanth Kumar.
29) Which state’s Temples does the Madras High Court prohibit the use of mobile phones inside?
Answer: Tamil Nadu
30) In which city will Aero India 2023 be held from 13-17 Feb 2023?
31) What time frame has the WMO identified as having a dramatic decrease in the amount of water in the Ganga?
32) Name of the city that will host the 2022 celebration of Indian Navy Day?
33) In which year will Vistara and Air India merge?
34) At how many airports was the Digi Yatra introduced by Jyotiraditya Scindia, the Union Minister for Civil Aviation?
35) Which country’s Great Barrier Reef has been recommended by a UN panel to be listed as a World Heritage Site in Danger?
Current Affairs Quiz December 1-7th 2022 Part 2
36) Which company got the contract to redevelop the Dharavi slums?
Answer: Adani Group
37) National Gopal Ratna award 2022 received by Jitendra Singh, who belongs to which state?
38) Which country is set to host the Third blind T-20 Cricket World Cup-2022?
39) By how much has the HIV infection rate decreased from 2010 to 2021?
40) For which month in 2022 did India assume the Presidency of the UNSC?
41) In which country will the third T20 World Cup cricket tournament for the Blind take place?
42) How many tiered regulatory frameworks, based on the size of deposits, were announced by the RBI for urban cooperative banks?
43) Which country, along with India, carried out the bilateral exercise ‘Agni Warrior’?
44) At the Global Banking Summit, which bank was selected for the Banker’s Bank of the Year Award?
Answer: Canara Bank
45) Which individual was bestowed with Padma Bhushan – India’s third-highest civilian award under the Trade and Industry division in 2022?
Answer: Sundar Pichai
46) National Advocate Day celebrate on what date?
Answer: December 03
47) In which nation was a 48,500-year-old ‘zombie virus’ revealed at the bottom of a glaciated lake?
48) In which state was Tree Tag, a green start-up, honored with an award at the 2022 Climathon?
49) What is the name of the person who became the Secretary of the Department of School Education & Literacy, Ministry of Education GoI?
Answer: Sanjay Kumar
50) Which state raised the monthly pension amount for persons with disabilities?
Answer: Tamil Nadu
51) In which state was the ‘One District One Sport’ scheme launch?
Answer: Uttar Pradesh
52) What rank did Mumbai hold in Knight Frank’s Global Prime Cities Index?
53) In which state will the inaugural drone station for healthcare service delivery be established?
54) In which state was the Barak valley first home to the Sylhet-Silchar festival?
55) In which city was the MK-III advanced light Helicopter commissioned?
56) In which state did the election commission establish a polling booth for a single voter?
57) In which state was the first Tribal Winter Festival held?
58) In which state will the International Lusophone Festival be hosted?
59) In which country was the ‘Emissary of Peace’ award given to Sri Sri Ravi Shankar?
60) Which country is the Indian naval fleet going on a friendship tour to?
61) How many female scientists of Indian origin have been chosen for Australia’s Superstars of STEM?
62) Which state appointed Parson Joshi, renowned lyricist, poet and writer, as their brand ambassador?
63) In what state is the two-day Silchar-Sylhet Festival, honoring the Barak, hosted?
64) Which country’s first private launchpad has been set up by AgniKul Cosmos at Sriharikota?
65) To whom has SEBI given approval to serve as the Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer of BSE?
Answer: Sundararaman Ramamurthy
66) On what date will India take up the chairmanship of the Wassenaar Arrangement?
Answer: 1 January 2023
67) Who will be the chief guest at the “Millets-Smart Nutritive Food” Conclave in New Delhi?
Answer: The Union Minister for Commerce and Industry Minister Piyush Goyal will be the chief guest at the conclave.
68) On which date is World Soil Day observed each year?
Answer: December 05
69) Which nation has reached a spot among the top 50 in the Global Aviation Safety Ranking?
70) What country bestowed the name “Mandous” upon the cyclonic storm in the Bay of Bengal?
Answer: United Arab Emirates
Current Affairs Quiz December 1-7th 2022 Part 3
71) In which state was Asia’s first Drone delivery hub launched to promote simple access to healthcare?
72) What nation was accorded Earthshot award-2022 for its start-up in ‘KHEYTI’?
73) Which Indian Institute of Technology created a ‘non-electrical’ heating system powered by water?
Answer: IIT Delhi
74) In which city did India launch its first gold ATM?
75) Who was chosen to be the Chairman & MD of BHAVIN?
Answer: K. V. Suresh Kumar
76) In which country did Google launch its anti-misinformation campaign?
77) What IIT researchers were involved in the creation of the Ocean Wave Energy converter?
Answer: IIT Madras
78) What is the name of the individual whom the BCCI appointed as batting coach of the Indian women’s cricket team?
Answer: Hrishikesh Kanitkar
79) How many National Institutes of AYUSH will the Prime Minister dedicate to the nation?
80) To which country does Mina Sue Choi, Miss Earth 2022, belong?
Answer: South Korea
81) What state has issued guidelines to avoid employee dismissal without any enquiry?
82) Which of the four Indian women is an actress on the BBC’s list of 100 influential women?
Answer: Priyanka Chopra
83) From which game did Eden Hazard announce his retirement?
84) What country comes in third as India’s biggest trading partner, after China and the US, for the year 2022?
85) What is the most popular search term on Google in India for 2022?
86) Who has been chosen to fill the position of ONGC’s new Chairman?
Answer: Arun Kumar Singh
87) Dina Boluarte of what nation became its first female president?
88) To which country is NDDB and Amul providing technology to boost milk production?
Answer: Sri Lanka
89) Where is Mount Semeru volcano, which has recently erupted and released ash into the sky, causing evacuations?
90) Which country recently celebrated Armed Forces Flag Day?
91) To which state’s Kalamandalam Deemed University did Mallika Sarabhai become the Chancellor of?
92) To which profession did Kumble Sundar Rao, who passed away, belong?
93) What profession did Manohar Devadoss, who has passed away, belong to?
94) By how much has the RBI increased the repo rate?
Answer: 35 basis points
95) To which profession did Yoginder K Alagh, who has passed away, belong?
96) In which country will India planned to organised the 12th World Hindi Conference in February?
97) In which city is Jindal Shadeed Group establish a green steel plant with an investment of $3 billion?
98) By whom was the book “Brave Hearts of Bharat, Vignettes from Indian History” composed?
Answer: Vikram Sampath
99) Which state High Court did Justice Tashi Rabstan get appointed as acting chief justice of?
100) Which country, together with India, declared December 06 as ‘Maitri Divas’?
Current Affairs Quiz December 1-7th 2022 Part 4
101) In which state will the 11th edition of the Admiral’s Cup Regatta commence on the 6th of December, 2022?
102) In which country did Veena Nair, of Indian origin, receive the Prime Minister’s award?
103) At the 2022 Weightlifting World Championships, who won the silver medal?
Answer: Mirabai Chanu
104) What nation is collaborating with India on the Kaziranga initiative?
105) What state will be home to the first Divyang department?
106) At the final of the FIFA World Cup in Qatar, which actress will be revealing the Trophy?
Answer: Deepika Padukone
107) In which game did Manisha Ramadass win the BWF Female Player of the Year award?
108) What is the name of India’s seventy-seventh Chess Grandmaster?
Answer: Aditya Mittal
109) Forbes Asia’s 16th edition of Heroes of Philanthropy List includes how many billionaires from India?
110) In which state does the 7th edition of the Sangam exercise begin?
111) What city will Host Technotex 2023 from 22 to 24 February, 2023?
112) For which country’s President, Volodymyr Zelensky, was 2022 Time’s ‘Person of the Year’ designation given?