Cricket Quiz Questions and Answers
Top 100 Cricket Quiz Questions and Answers Part 1 (Quiz 1-20)
1) The distance between the popping crease and the bowling crease is:
Answer: 4 feet.
2) The West Indies hit 421 batting first in their warm up match versus who?
Answer: New Zealand.
3) What was the official name of the first World Cup?
Answer: Prudential World Cup.
4) What town are the Derbyshire County Cricket club based in?
5) The prize money of Prudential World Cup for the winner amounted to:
Answer: 4000 dollars.
6) Who won the maximum sixes award for the IPL 2008 season?
Answer: Sanath Jayasuriya.
7) In first class Indian matches, the maximum distance allowed from pitch to the boundary/ line is:
Answer: 75 yards.
8) The Ashes – Who were the head coaches of each side in 2019?
Answer: Australia – Justin Langer, England – Trevor Bayliss.
9) Who was ‘the Man of the match’ in the 1975 World Cup final?
Answer: Clive Lloyd.
10) Which national team are called “Baggy Greens”?
11) The 1975 World Cup, the first of its kind was played at:
Answer: Lord’s London.
12) When was overarm bowling accepted as legal?
13) What was total number of matches played in the 1975 World Cup?
14) Australia – Who registered their highest individual score?
Answer: David Warner – 166 v Bangladesh.
15) Who won the first World Cup, 1975? ‘
Answer: West Indies.
16) When was the Durham County Cricket Club founded?
17) What was the margin of West Indies victory over Australia in the first (1975) World Cup final?
Answer: 17 runs.
18) Who was the player of the IPL 2017 season?
Answer: Ben Stokes.
19) Which cricketing law classifies throwing to be illegal?
Answer: Law 24.
20) The Ashes – Who scored the highest individual score for each side in 2019?
Answer: Australia – Steve Smith 211, England – Ben Stokes 135.
Cricket Quiz Questions and Answers Part 2 (Quiz 21-40)
21) How many minutes before play should the umpires take the field?
22) What is New Zealand cricketer Brendon McCullum’ nickname?
23) India achieved its first Test victory against Australia in:
Answer: Kanpur, 1959-60.
24) Who was the Man of the Match in the first One-Day International?
Answer: John Edrich of England.
25) Which Indian player was ‘rusticated’ and sent back during the 1936 English tour?
Answer: Lala Amarnath.
26) Bangladesh – Who was their top run scorer?
Answer: Shakib Al Hasan – 606.
27) What is Australia’s highest score against India?
Answer: 674 at Adelaide.
28) What town are the Essex County Cricket Club based in?
29) The first Caribbean cricketer to be knighted was:
Answer: Frank Worrell.
30) Who was known as “Bumble”?
Answer: David Loyd.
31) The trophy awarded to the winner of England – New Zealand Test series is:
Answer: W.J. Jordan Trophy.
32) How many times Chennai Super Kings won the IPL?
33) Who is the first Indian to cross 6000 runs mark in one day Internationals?
Answer: Mohammad Azharuddin.
34) The Ashes – Who were the captains of each side in 2010-2011 series?
Answer: Australia – Ricky Ponting and Michael Clarke, England – Andrew Strauss.
35) Who is the first batsman to cross 10000 runs in Tests?
Answer: Sunil Gavaskar.
36) Which national team is nicknamed “The Proteas” or “The Springboks”?
Answer: South Africa.
37) When and where did India play her first one day International?
Answer: In 1974 at Leeds, England.
38) Name the ground in England where only one Test has been played?
Answer: Bramall Lane, Sheffield.
39) Who were the Mohammed brothers playing Test Cricket for Pakistan?
Answer: Wazir, Hanif, Mushtaq and Sadiq.
40) England – Who was their top run scorer?
Answer: Joe Root – 556.
Cricket Quiz Questions and Answers Part 3 (Quiz 41-60)
41) With which championship did the ‘Official’ one day cricket begin?
Answer: The Gillette Cup, 1963, in U.K.
42) What players nickname is SOS (Son of Swampy)?
Answer: Shaun Marsh.
43) At which place did Sunil Gavaskar Score his 10000th run?
Answer: Ahmedabad, 1986-87.
44) New Zealand – What was their highest team score?
Answer: 291/8 v West Indies.
45) Both father and son scored centuries for India, Who are they?
Answer: Lala and Surinder Amarnath.
46) How many Championship wins has the Glamorgan County Cricket Club had?
47) Name the Test Cricket centres of West Indies:
Answer: Bridgetown (Barbados), George town (Guyana), Kingston (Jamaica), Port of Spain (Trinidad) and St. Johns (Antigua).
48) What was the Kolkata Knight Riders highest total for 2017 season?
49) Name the Test cricket centres of New Zealand:
Answer: Wellington, Christchurch, Auckland, Dunedin and Napier.
50) The Ashes – Who did Pat Cummins claim as his 100th test match wicket during the 2019 series?
Answer: Jonny Bairstow.
51) Which country has played the maximum number of one day matches?
52) What Indian cricketer is called “Zak” or “Zippy Zakky”?
Answer: Zaheer Khan.
53) Name the cities in India where Test cricket has been played on more than one ground:
Answer: Mumbai and Chennai.
54) On which ground did Jim Laker take 19 wickets in a Test?
Answer: Old Trafford, Manchester, 1956.
55) Name the first captain of the West Indies team:
Answer: Karl Nunes.
56) Name the player who was called “Harmy”?
Answer: Steve Harmison.
57) Name the captains of the first Women’s Test match in 1934-35:
Answer: Margaret Peden (Australia) and Betty Archdale (England).
58) What town are the Surrey County Cricket Club based in?
59) The name of the Triangular Tournament played in Australia every year is the:
Answer: Benson & Hedges World Cup Series.
60) Who is “Two metre Peter”?
Answer: Peter Fulton.
Cricket Quiz Questions and Answers Part 4 (Quiz 61-80)
61) The first Asia Cup was held at:
Answer: Sharjah, 1984.
62) When was the Mumbai Indians club founded?
63) Who has the credit of captaining India to her first overseas victory?
Answer: Mansoor Ali Khan Pataud against New Zealand.
64) The Ashes – Who bowled the first ball of the 2019 series?
Answer: James Anderson.
65) What is the distance of the inner circle for the purposes of field restrictions in One Day Limited overs matches?
Answer: 30 yards.
66) Name the Australian batsman whose great-grandfather also represented his country.
Answer: Paul Shehan. His great-grandfather, W. H. Cooper.
67) Define a ‘wide ball’ in Limited overs matches:
Answer: A ball moving two feet wide either side of the wicket is adjusted a “Wide Bail”.
68) Who is called “Noffers”?
Answer: Ashley Noffke.
69) What was the score of Gary Sobers in his only One Day International?
Answer: Zero runs at Headingley Leeds (1974).
70) India first played against the West Indies in a One Day International at:
Answer: Edgbaston, Birmingham in 1979.
71) Name the oldest player in One Day Internationals:
Answer: Norman Gifford (44 years 360 days) played against Pakistan at Sharjah during 1984-85.
72) Name the only Indian player to have won a ‘Man of the Match’ award in three consecutive matches against England, West Indies and Pakistan:
Answer: Mohinder Amarnath.
73) What was the unique thing about India’s victory at Old Trafford, Manchester (1983)?
Answer: It was West Indies’ first ever defeat in World Cup matches.
74) West Indian cricketer Fidel Edwards is better known as?
75) Name the father and son duo who have captained India in Tests:
Answer: Iftikhar Ali Khan Pataudi and Mansoor Ali Khan Pataudi.
76) When were Test Matches first televised?
Answer: 1938 in England.
77) Who is the heaviest cricketer of all times?
Answer: Warwick Armstrong.
78) Who was the first bowler to create a hat-trick at Lord’s?
Answer: George Giffen.
79) Who does the best batting average in a test career belong?
Answer: Don Bradman.
80) Who is the first captain to win the toss all five tests?
Answer: F.S. Jackson.
Cricket Quiz Questions and Answers Part 5 (Quiz 81-100)
81) Name the only cricketer to score five centuries in five successive innings:
Answer: Everton Weekes.
82) Who is the only batsman to have hit a century in each innings of a Test thrice?
Answer: Sunil Gavaskar.
83) Which trophy is awarded to the winner of the West Indies Vs Australia Test Series?
Answer: Worrell Trophy.
84) Which trophy is awarded to the winner of the West Indies Vs England Test Series?
Answer: Wisden Trophy.
85) Who has been the first hat-trick recorded in Test?
Answer: Fred Spofforth.
86) The ‘Guinness Book of Records’ gave a memorable nick name to Kapil Dev. Can you say that nickname?
Answer: Haryana Hurricane.
87) ‘Sunny Days’ is a well-known autobiography of a world famous player. Name him:
Answer: Sunil Gavaskar.
88) Which Australian city has a cricket ground called the Oval?
89) Who was the only player to be dismissed at 99 in the Indo-New Zealand Test Series?
Answer: Rusi Surti.
90) Who was India’s Captain when they first won over Australia?
Answer: Gulabrai Ramchand.
91) The only instance in first class cricket when father and son umpired a match was:
Answer: In 1960-61, the duo being M.G Vijaya Sarthy and M. V. Nagendra.
92) This cricketer was declared out “handled the ball” in a Test against India. Name him:
Answer: Desmond Haynes.
93) Two school boys, now full-fledged cricketers, who created a world record by a total score of 664 runs in a school match in Bombay. Name them:
Answer: Vinod Kambli and Sachin Tendulkar.
94) Which was the longest test ever played?
Answer: The 5th Test at Durban, South Africa Vs England (1939).
95) He is the first Indian to score a Test debut century in a match won by India. Name him:
Answer: Surinder Amarnath.
96) Australia’s first captain:
Answer: Dave Gregory.
97) Which English Captain was also a famous violinist?
Answer: Tony Lewis.
98) Who was England’s fist Captain?
Answer: James Lillywhite.
99) Who Captained India to victory in the World Cup in 1983?
Answer: Kapil Dev.
100) Name the two umpires in the first ever One Day International:
Answer: T.F. Brooks and Lou Rowan.