Africa Quiz Questions and Answers
Top 102 Africa Quiz Questions and Answers Part 1
1) After which American President is the capital of an African country named?
Answer: James Monroe.
2) Through which country does the greater part of the Nile flow?
3) Which are the towns at the either end of the Suez Canal?
Answer: Port Said and Suez.
4) Two South African provinces take their names from rivers. Which are they?
Answer: Orange Free State and Transvaal.
5) The Mercato is one of Africa’s largest open-air markets and is located in the city of Addis Ababa. But in which country is it?
6) Of which country is Cyrenaica a part?
7) Where are the craters of the Moon?
Answer: Rwenzori Mountains.
8) This African city was once an internationally administered enclave. Which city is this?
9) The longest African river which emptying into the Indian Ocean is:
Answer: The Zambezi.
10) The biggest city in Natal is:
11) The highest peak in Africa is:
Answer: Mount Kilimanjaro.
12) The northernmost city in Africa is:
13) Which northern Nigeria city is the centre on which the major caravan routes converge?
14) This country was once called Dahomey. Which country?
15) Which is the capital of the country that used to be called Abyssinia?
Answer: Addis Ababa.
16) What is the name of the Angolan enclave sandwiched by Zaire and Congo?
17) In which country is the Kalahari Desert?
18) What is Sahrawi?
Answer: The name Western Sahara has been given by those seeking its independence.
19) Which mountain range stretches across Algeria and Morocco?
Answer: Atlas Mountains.
20) The westernmost major city of Africa:
Africa Quiz Questions and Answers Part 2 (Quiz 21-40)
21) Kimberley is famous for:
22) Belgian Congo is now called:
Answer: Democratic Republic of the Congo.
23) What is the area of land in Egypt which is below sea level?
Answer: Qattara Depression.
24) Two countries share the waters of Lake Kariba. Which are they?
Answer: Zambia and Zimbabwe.
25) Where is Swahili generally spoken?
Answer: East Africa.
26) The Malagasy Republic is now called:
27) The capital of Togo is:
28) Which country is completely landlocked by South Africa?
29) Where is the Nubian Desert?
30) What is Nigeria’s main export?
31) Of which country is Bangui the capital?
Answer: Central African Republic.
32) Which is Kenya’s biggest port?
33) Which nationals first arrived in South Africa?
Answer: Dutch in Cape of Good Hope (1652).
34) What is known as the White Gold of Egypt?
35) What is the main agricultural produce of the Nile Valley?
36) A mixed race inhabiting North Western part of Africa is called:
37) Which is the largest city in Africa?
38) How many states are there in Africa?
39) Which state in Africa is most populous?
40) Which province of South Africa is known as the Garden Province?
Africa Quiz Questions and Answers Part 3 (Quiz 41-60)
41) On which river is Brazzaville?
Answer: Democratic Republic of the Congo.
42) A part of Namibia is a finger pointing eastwards. What is this territory called?
Answer: Caprivi Strip.
43) Which major city developed as a consequence of the boom in the Witwatersrand?
44) In which countries are there cities commemorating in their names Stanley and Livingstone?
Answer: Democratic Republic of the Congo and Zambia.
45) Which was the largest of the French West African countries in area?
46) Of which country or territory is St. Denis the chief town?
47) Near which well-known coastal physical feature is Cape Town?
Answer: The Cape of Good Hope.
48) The historical names of the four stretches of coast from Nigeria to Liberia are:
Answer: Slave Coast, Gold Coast, Ivory Coast and Grain Coast.
49) How many lakes are apart of Congo’s eastern borders?
50) The island of Pemba is a part of this country. Which country?
51) The capital of Cameroon is:
52) There is an island nation lies between Madagascar and the African Mainland. Which is it?
53) This island nation, geographically considered part of Africa has an Indian population in the majority?
54) Salisbury is now called:
55) Which African city finds a prominent place in the battle song of the US Marines?
56) What does South Africa’s mineral wealth mainly comprise of?
Answer: Gold and Diamonds.
57) This former Italian colony was integrated with Ethiopia in 1952. Name it:
58) Of whose empire was Congo once a part?
59) The names of the Spanish enclaves in North Africa are:
Answer: Ceuta and Melilla.
60) Where in Africa would you find the Mahgreb?
Answer: Moorish Africa – Morocco, Algeria and Tunisia.
Africa Quiz Questions and Answers Part 4 (Quiz 61-80)
61) Between which countries is Togo Sandwiched?
Answer: Ghana and Benin.
62) Which are the two small countries sandwiched by the borders of Uganda and Tanzania?
Answer: Rwanda and Burundi.
63) What is al Qahira better known as?
64) What was Malawi once called?
65) What is South-West Africa now called?
66) Which city lies in the shadow of Table Mountain?
Answer: Cape Town.
67) Which is the capital of Congo?
68) In which country would you expect to find the Copper Belt?
69) Which is the largest lake in West Africa?
Answer: Lake Volta.
70) Of which country is Freetown the capital?
Answer: Sierra Leone.
71) Which countries have parts of their boundaries in Lake Victoria?
Answer: Uganda, Kenya and Tanzania.
72) Where is Serengeti National Park?
73) With which West African country is Pagalu linked?
Answer: Equatorial Guinea.
74) Of which country is the Ogaden a region?
75) The coast of which country is called the Gold Coast?
76) Which city lies in the confluence of the two main branches of the River Nile?
77) What was Burkina Faso previously called?
Answer: Upper Volta.
78) Zambia and Zimbabwe had a common territorial name when they were administered by Britain. What was this name?
Answer: (North and South) Rhodesia.
79) In which country is Lambarene, where Dr. Schweitzer lived?
80) Lake Chad is, of course in Chad. But which countries does it seasonally extend into?
Answer: Niger, Nigeria and Cameroon.
Africa Quiz Questions and Answers Part 5 (Quiz 81-102)
81) What is the name of the lake the Aswan High Dam has helped create?
Answer: Lake Nasser.
82) Which country is entirely surrounded by Senegal, except for a narrow coastal strip?
83) Which is the capital of Madagascar?
84) Swaziland is encircled by South Africa except for a short boundary with one other country. Which country?
85) What is the narrow feature that separates Africa from Asia?
Answer: The Suez Canal.
86) With which of its Southern neighbours does Libya have the longest boundary?
87) Which is the main port of Kenya?
88) One island in the Comoros Group has a different political status. Which one?
89) Which group of islands is a nation just north-east of Madagascar?
90) To whom do the Azores Islands belong?
91) Which nation or islands is to the west of the Central African coast?
Answer: São Tomé and Príncipe.
92) To whom do the Canary Islands belong?
93) By which river delta is Port Harcourt located?
94) Two neighbouring African countries get their names from a river they share. What is the name of the river?
95) In the middle of which country is Timbuktu?
96) What is Leopoldville now called?
97) Which was the occupying power in Western Sahara and which is the present power?
Answer: Spain and Morocco.
98) The coast of which country is called the Gold Coast?
99) In which country would you find the Hoggar Mountains?
100) Which city is known, as Switzerland of Africa?
Answer: Rwanda, Africa.
101) Which place is known as Whiteman’s Grave?
Answer: Guinea, West coast of Africa.
102) If you set off on a Safari trip from Nairobi to the Maasai Mara game reserve, which country would you be in?