UK General Knowledge Quiz Questions and Answers – UK, England, London Quizzes
1) the Last ruler of the Tudor house in England is ________
Answer: Elizabeth I.
2) Largest park in London is ________
Answer: Richmond, Surrey.
3) First television broadcast of Britain was broadcasted from __________, in London.
Answer: Alexandra Palace.
4) Leading folk club in London in the 60s was _____________
5) Nearer to River Thames, a Soccer club in London located. Name the club?
6) Biggest river in England, the first letter is ‘T’. Name it?
7) The equivalent of America’s High schools in England is ______
Answer: Senior Schools.
8) In 2007, he became First Minister of Scotland. In 2011 he again became Minister. Who is it?
Answer: Alex Salmond.
9) “The Battle of Bosworth Field” occurs in 1485. And after that who crowned as the king of England?
Answer: Henry Tudor (Henry Vii).
10) Highest mountain in England is _________
Answer: Scafell Pike.
11) London Marathon was first time held in the year _______.
12) The bubonic plague, which took place in England in the 14th century is known as ________
Answer: The Black Death.
13) In the London Underground, longest line is ________.
Answer: The Northern Line.
14) Savoy Theatre in London is situated in __________ street.
Answer: The Strand.
15) Allen Lane was the founder of a publishing company which started in 1935. Name the company?
16) Full Form of ISA, in UK Finance is _____
Answer: Individual Savings Account.
17) Longest-running play in London theatre ever in history is _________.
Answer: The Mousetrap.
18) ‘Mansion House’ in London is the official residence of ____________
Answer: Lord Mayor of London.
19) Titanic was built in a UK city. Name it?
20) London’s football club which is older is _______
Answer: Fulham (established 1879).
21) London and Cardiff were connected by _______ motorway.
Answer: The M4.
22) In 1986 a UK bank was privatised. Name the bank
Answer: The TSB.
23) In the ‘Tower of London’ there is a gate which leads onto River Thames. Name the gate.
Answer: Traitor’s Gate.
24) England King Henry II was born in which country?
25) Before Elizabeth II ________ was the last England Queen by succession?
Answer: Queen Victoria.
UK General Knowledge Quiz Questions and Answers – UK, England, London Quizzes Part 2
26) The whispering Gallery is situated in which UK cathedral?
Answer: St. Paul’s.
27) England’s Lake which is deepest is ________
28) Bryan Robson who is a former famous English footballer and England team captain have a nickname that is a superhero in a comic book. what is the name?
Answer: Captain Marvel.
29) A bell has been used at Lloyds in London. Name it?
Answer: Lutine Bell.
30) “The Princess” is developed by which car manufacturers in the UK?
31) In the Harry Potter series books and films a railway station in London is mentioned. Name the railway station?
Answer: Kings Cross.
32) London’s Charing Cross and Fleet Street is connected by which road?
Answer: The Strand.
33) Engineer Joseph Bazalgette contribute to London’s improvement. What is the important contribution?
Answer: The sewers.
34) Parking meters were first placed in London’s which part?
35) Largest Castle in England is _________
36) Old Bailey building in London, on the top of it holds something on its right hand. What is it?
Answer: A sword.
37) “Royal Opera House” in London is situated in __________.
Answer: Covent Garden.
38) A railway station in London has the name deals with a battle with Napoleon. Name the railway station.
39) In London’s Old Montagu House in Bloomsbury a famous building’s site is occupied. Which is it?
Answer: British Museum.
40) In the UK, for what service 123 is dialing?
Answer: The Speaking Clock.
41) ‘Bank of England’ is situated in which street?
Answer: Threadneedle Street.
42) In London’s ‘ Leicester Square’ a famous actor’s statue is located. Whose statue is it?
Answer: Charlie Chaplin.
43) London’s Harley Street deals with which profession?
44) Benjamin Hall gave its name to which landmark of London?
Answer: Big Ben.
45) An England queen who only ruled for nine days was _____________.
Answer: Lady Jane Grey.
46) England’s first Tudor king was __________
Answer: Henry VII (1485-1509).
47) ‘Mumps’ railway station is situated in ____________, England.
48) Founder of London Library is _________
Answer: Thomas Carlyle.
49) Salvation Army, London was founded by ________ in 1865.
Answer: William Booth.
50) In Islington North London an women’s prison is situated. What is its name.?
UK General Knowledge Quiz Questions and Answers – UK, England, London Quizzes Part 3
51) Second largest airport of London is ___________
52) Bank of England was founded in which year?
53) First eye specialist hospital in London is __________.
54) In which year, treason’s death penalty was abolished?
55) Scotland exports ________ to Saudi Arabia.
56) England’s first test match was held on which cricket ground?
Answer: The Oval.
57) In London’s Wesley’s Chapel situated in City road _______ statue is on front.
Answer: John Wesley.
58) A famous Landmark in London is designed by Sir Edwin Landseer. Name it?
Answer: The Lions in Trafalgar Square.
59) Great Fire of London occurred in which year?
60) In 1851,’ The Great Exhibition’ takes place in a park in London. Name the park.
Answer: Hyde Park.
61) “The London Marathon” happened between 1996-2009 was sponsored by _______ company.
62) To a dreadful event, a monument is built on ‘The city of London. What was the event?
Answer: The Great Fire of London.
63) The Grand Union canal link London and __________
64) ‘Garden of England’ is the nickname of which English country?
65) First Mayor who is elected directly in London is _______
Answer: Ken Livingstone.
66) London’s former Museum of Ornamental Art is renamed as ____________
Answer: Victoria and Albert Museum.
67) England and Scotland are divided by _______ hills.
68) England’s last Tudor Monarch is __________
Answer: Elizabeth I.
69) In England’s Premiership, the first footballer to gain 100 goals was ___________.
Answer: Dwight Yorke.
70) During World war II A London square was nicknamed ‘Eisenhower Platz ‘ Which is it?
Answer: Grosvenor Square.
71) The ship which brought Dracula to England is _______.
72) Victor was introduced by which car manufacturers in the UK?
73) The wizarding pub in London in the Harry Potter series is __________.
Answer: The Leaky Cauldron.
74) For which sports women fought for Wightman Cup between UK and the USA?
75) ‘Great Horse of England ‘ is the other name of a massive horse. Which was it?
Answer: The Shire horse.
UK General Knowledge Quiz Questions and Answers – UK, England, London Quizzes Part 4
76) The second largest city of England is _________.
77) The world cup first took place in England in which year?
78) Biggest Airport in London is _________.
79) Second most populated city in England is _________
80) England’s first printing press was set up in 1476 by whom?
Answer: William Caxton.
81) In London’s Underground line, which line have the fewest stations?
Answer: Waterloo and City Line.
82) The sculptures of Prospero and Ariel was found in ______________, London
Answer: BBC Broadcasting House.
83) UK internet users are indicated by which letters and punctuation marks?
84) Liverpool’s Anglican Cathedral and Waterloo Bridge was designed by ____________.
Answer: Sir Giles Gilbert Scott.
85) Who is the first king of Scotland?
86) In 2008 an earthquake strikes on the UK which shows 5.2 on the Richter scale. Where was its epicenter?
Answer: Market Rasen, Lincolnshire.
87) In Which film England’s King Richard III’s role was played by actor Laurence Olivier?
Answer: Richard III.
88) Hamley’s toy shop is situated in which London street?
Answer: Regent Street.
89) ‘Gateway of England’ is the other name of which English country?
90) In 1967 first colour program broadcast on Television was a tennis championship in the UK. Mention the championship?
91) 51 Gordon Square in London is the resident of a famous biographer and Critic who lived between 1880 to 1932. Name the person?
Answer: Lytton Strachey.
92) In 1878, the first Telephone Exchange started in London. The number of subscribers at that time was _______
93) ‘Central Criminal Court of The City Of London’ is popularly known as __________.
Answer: The Old Bailey.
94) Scotland’s grand castle, princess Margaret born in the year 1930 is ___________.
Answer: Glamis Castle.
95) First National park in England which is Designated was ___________.
Answer: The Peak District.
96) In 1613 a famous theatre in London was destroyed in a fire. Which is the theatre?
Answer: The Globe theatre.
97) King Alfred the great’s statue is built on his birthplace. Mention the place?
98) Tower of London was built by __________.
Answer: William I – the Conqueror.
99) The line on the London underground which has a link with every other line is _________.
Answer: The Jubilee Line.
100) Speakers corner is found in which London park?
Answer: Hyde park.
101) The UK National newspaper stops publishing in 1995 is ____________.