100 General Knowledge Quiz Questions Answers
General Knowledge Quiz Questions Part 1 (GK Quiz 1-20)
1) The Sumerians developed the art of writing. By what name it is known?
Answer: Cuneiform writing.
2) How old is Bodhi tree at Gaya ?
Answer: Over 2000 years.
3) Which is the first artificial element?
4) Name the organisation in which line authority and staff authority relationship exist side by side:
Answer: Line and staff organization.
5) In encryption method, it is difficult to perform:
Answer: Comparisons, arithmetic operations etc.
6) Which is Very High Frequencies (VHF) band?
Answer: 30-300 Mhz.
7) In an estuary the maximum distance between buoys is:
Answer: 1600 m.
8) Which are the two methods to achieve soil conservation?
Answer: Biological and Mechanical.
9) When parallel rays are coming from an object, it is supposed to be lying at:
10) What is called when mechanical waves have a frequency above the audible range?
11) What is a Canoe which is made from a single log of wood or tree called?
Answer: A Pirogue.
12) ‘A ship is driven towards the South Pole by a storm, a bird appears and then things begin to happen.’ In whose work do you find this situation?
Answer: In Samuel Taylor Coleridge’s.
13) In Astrology enemy planets of the sun:
Answer: Saturn and Venus.
14) How is the temperature produced inside the cylinder of an internal combustion engine?
Answer: Very high.
15) Which thoughts disappointed Siddhartha?
Answer: Disease, old age and death.
16) This is a well-known quotation, and perhaps what it says is true: “Marriage is popular because it combines the maximum of temptation with the maximum of opportunity”. Who said it?
Answer: George Bernard Shaw.
17) Who created the character of Ziggy Stardust in his Glam rock period of the 1970s?
Answer: David Bowie.
18) Who was the Maharishi who lived during the developments of the Pandava-Kaurava struggles and witnessed all the incidents related in the epic Mahabharata?
19) When was Indira Gandhi assassinated?
Answer: 1984 October 31.
20) What do you mean by East Greenland current?
Answer: The cold ocean current flowing along the eastern shores of Greenland.
General Knowledge Quiz Questions Part 2 (GK Quiz 21-40)
21) Who said “Society is co-operation crossed by conflict”?
Answer: Robert Morrison MacIver.
22) Who is the spiritual leader of the Tibetan Buddhists?
Answer: Dalai Lama.
23) The discount market is concerned with the purchase and sale of:
Answer: Short-term bills.
24) When did people in Southern Mesopotamia began to use clay tokens that had different shapes and markings?
Answer: 8000 B.C.
25) Soviet Union invaded Afghanistan in 1979, what argument did they gives to it?
Answer: The invasion was designed to help defend Afghanistan’s pro-Communist government from Afghan rebels.
26) The Italian Renaissance influenced England largely because of the encouragement of whom?
Answer: King Henry VIII.
27) The Tethyan Mountain System extends how many kilometres?
Answer: 11,000 kms.
28) Length of a Dunkleosteus is:
Answer: 23 feet (7 meters).
29) In which period Robust species were extinct?
Answer: Between 2 million and 1 million years ago.
30) Program for the computers that uses Electronic imagesetting, enable users:
Answer: To perform word processing, type selection, reproduction of graphics and page make-up.
31) The Greeks, staged performances in the theatre which seated about 14000 people?
Answer: Theatre of Dionysus, Athens.
32) After how many years the period of filing the case of debt recovery will be over?
Answer: 3 years.
33) Which type of black and white film is available in the Indian Market for general use?
34) Who was known as ‘iron chancellor’?
Answer: Prince Otto von Bismarck.
35) What is the name of short skirt worn by women?
36) Communist countries are more Leninist than Marxist. Why?
Answer: Lenin speaks to them in the language of organization and power.
37) 1000 cubic centimetres are equal to how many cubic decimetre?
Answer: One cubic decimeter.
38) What is the currency of Belgium:
39) Which is the national airlines of Indonesia?
Answer: Garuda Indonesia.
General Knowledge Quiz Questions Part 3 (GK Quiz 41-60)
40) Which are the three types of hair, based on it’s growth?
Answer: One which grows straight, one which can be turned aside and curly.
41) Western neighbouring country of Tibet:
42) Who codified the ballet technique in the 19th century?
Answer: Carlo Blasis.
43) At which place did Gandhi launch the first no-tax campaign in the country in 1918?
44) Climbing vines and epiphytes, may grow in:
45) A river is highest at its:
Answer: Headwaters (where the river begins).
46) What is the study of pollen known as:
47) Psychoanalytic theory is based on whose theory?
Answer: Sigmund Freud.
48) Who was the earliest philosopher to support the scientific method?
Answer: Francis Bacon.
49) If the bleeding would improve, which would be the injured blood vessel?
50) Which hormone in our body regulates feminine characteristics?
51) Most of the earthquakes of the shallow focus range are caused due to:
Answer: Thrust faulting.
52) Secondary Myofilament are made up of a protein known as:
53) According to scientists the earth and all living things have been always changing and developing. This development through changes is known as:
54) The growth of Christian organisation was one of the most significant developments of the:
Answer: Middle age.
55) The name of the American ship which was sunk and destroyed by the German torpedoes:
56) The leader of the ‘Black’ in the U.S.A who was stabbed to death by a woman?
Answer: Martin Luther King.
57) The credit of preparing the first legal code in the west goes to the Roman emperor named:
Answer: Justinian I.
58) The German Emperor who fled to Holland at the end of the First World War:
Answer: Wilhelm II.
59) What is the name of the main Soviet News Agency?
60) The isobars indicate:
Answer: The atmospheric pressure in a particular area.
General Knowledge Quiz Questions Part 4 (GK Quiz 61-80)
61) Of which country is Bohemia now a part?
62) Which valley is generally described as the Paradise on Earth?
63) Across which river do the Black Forest and the Vosges face each other?
Answer: The Rhine.
64) A modern dramatist said this in explanation of his craft: ‘Life is very nice, but it lacks form. It’s the aim of art to give it some’. Which dramatist?
Answer: Jean Anouilh.
65) What is Cape Kennedy now known as?
Answer: Cape Canaveral.
66) Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland originated from a boat trip which the Christ Church lecturer in Mathematics took with the three daughters of the Dean of Christ Church. Who were the three daughters?
Answer: Lorina, Alice and Edith.
67) What separates Australia and Papua New Guinea?
Answer: Torres Strait.
68) What instrument is used by the navigator for determining longitude and latitude at sea?
69) Who coined the phrase ‘a temporary abode of purchasing power’ while explaining the concept of money?
Answer: Milton Friedman.
70) Where was India’s first satellite Aryabhata fabricated?
Answer: ISRO, Bangalore.
71) Who has won the most Oscars for best Actress?
Answer: Katharine Hepburn – 3. Incidentally no artist has got three Oscars for Best Actor, though Katharine’s husband Spencer Tracy was among those who got two.
72) Who wrote “Cinema and 1”?
Answer: Ritwik Ghatak.
73) When did Peoples Republic of China become its member?
Answer: In October 1971.
74) The prizes (except peace) are presented in:
75) The world record holder in long jump did not .win his turn in 1996 Atlanta Olympics. Can you say the reason?
Answer: Mike Powel of USA withdrew due to injury.
76) Name the country Edmundo represented in his long years of football career:
77) Who are the twins who played for Australia in One Day Internationals?
Answer: Steve and Mark Waugh.
78) Who are the gold winners in men’s doubles in Asian Games, Bangkok 1998?
Answer: Paradorn Srichaphan and Narathorn.
79) Where is the head quarters of the Space Commission – ISRO?
80) On what did the Sumerians write?
Answer: On clay plates and dried and baked and preserved it.
General Knowledge Quiz Questions Part 5 (GK Quiz 81-100)
81) Write two examples of annuals :
Answer: Wheat, rice.
82) In pure gold contains a metal in small amount, which metal?
83) What do you mean by concentration of authority at higher levels?
84) What is an art of breaking ciphers?
85) Which is Ultra High Frequencies (UHF) band?
Answer: 300-3000 Mhz.
86) A 50-year flood is one which will occur:
Answer: At an average of once in 50 years.
87) How many factors are there on which the agriculture of today depends heavily?
88) The astronomical term “azimuth” is only associated with:
Answer: Polar coordinates.
89) What is the velocity of sound in air?
Answer: 300 m/s.
90) In shipping, what is a ladder of rope or chain with wooden or iron rungs (steps) called?
Answer: Jacob’s ladder.
91) Haiku, a short lyric of seventeen syllables in all, 5+7+5, has its country of origin in:
92) In Astrology, friend planets of the sun:
Answer: Jupiter, Moon and Mars.
93) An internal combustion engine could be started or stopped at will. Is it a true or false statement?
Answer: True statement.
94) Name the place where Siddhartha get enlightened:
95) Who could have uttered the witticism, “Nothing spoils a romance so much as a sense of humour in the woman”.
Answer: Oscar Wilde.
96) What is the better-known name of the drummer Richard Starkey?
Answer: Ringo Starr.
97) Who pleaded to Lord Ganesha to dictate the verses told by Vyasa?
Answer: Lord Brahma.
98) Indira Gandhi won, Jawaharlal Nehru Award in:
99) In which ocean is the Easter Island is situated?
Answer: Pacific Ocean.
100) Who wrote the book “Ancient Society”?
Answer: Lewis Henry Morgan.
Read more General Knowledge Questions and Answers